zCover debuts iSA silicone case for 5G iPods | iLounge News

zCover debuts iSA silicone case for 5G iPods

imagezCover has announced the availability of its iSA silicone case for the fifth-generation iPod. The form-fitting case is available in six colors—black, blue, pink, grey, clear, and glow-in-the-dark white—and also comes with a clear screen protector and a removable rotary belt clip. The iSA case sells for $29.95 and is shipping now.

« Windows: iPod Media Studio released

iTunes Music Store sells one millionth video »

Comments

ooo that looks great!..wouldn`t mind one….

Posted by breakdown090447500 on October 31, 2005 at 10:01 AM (CST)

Hey Jeremy,

Hurry and review this one! I was going to wait for the iceware 5g from Tuneware, but if this one is good enough I’ll just go zCover!

Posted by ipodcaesar on October 31, 2005 at 12:58 PM (CST)

Yes. Please review this one. this has about every feature I’m looking for, though I’d prefer a case with a smooth backing instead of a clip on the back.

Posted by kenji on October 31, 2005 at 1:22 PM (CST)

You can remove the belt clip if you want. I am not sure about getting one of these because I would like to see some other companies come out with stuff first so I can choose between acouple of different products. I know if I buy this now, in a week, a nicer looking case will be available. Anyone know if Apple is making cases for these but that have screen protectors unlike the tubes for the nano’s?

Posted by Anthony on October 31, 2005 at 1:45 PM (CST)

I bought the zCover for my G4 iPod and didnt like it. They didnt get the screen area right and the design is boring. Went and got the iSkin instead and its much better.

Posted by Eddie on October 31, 2005 at 2:40 PM (CST)

How does the zcover compare to the iskin?

Posted by jim on October 31, 2005 at 4:37 PM (CST)

this case looks sweet.  i wish they sold it at the apple store so you could at least get a look at it in person.  hopefully we’ll see some new reviews for this on ilounge soon.

Posted by joits on October 31, 2005 at 5:02 PM (CST)

I bought a zcover for my nano (I’ve now succumbed to the 5g desire). I didn’t like it. Fit was fine, but the silicone was just too “sticky” feeling. It wouldn’t slide into my pocket & seemed like it attracted dust. On the upside, it was pretty good protection & since they’re first to market, they get early adopters just looking to get some protection going. Screen cover worked well. Just like iskin’s design.

Posted by Anthony on November 2, 2005 at 10:54 PM (CST)

Hi. I mentioned above that I had a nano case, but didn’t like it.

I just got the 5g ipod case & must say that it’s pretty good. I’d say it’s as good as the iskin exo. I can’t comment on their new ones.

For those looking for a silicone (or any) case now, this is a good option. Maybe in 4 or 5 months I’ll want something different, but my ipod won’t be scratching in the meantime.

Posted by Anthony on November 14, 2005 at 6:38 PM (CST)

I’ve had mine for about a week and I’m pretty happy with it. The screen protector works great and I removed the belt clip. I would have liked the chance to compare it with the iSkin eVo3 hands on. As far as I can tell, the only feature zCover lacks compared to the iSkin is the ability to dock it without removing the cover. You can sync it without removing the cover, so I’m not sure the iSkin is worth it based on that.

Posted by Darryl on December 18, 2005 at 7:01 PM (CST)

I have had the Zcover for my 5G Ipod for over a month and its a great case.  If you are looking for a Silicone case with great screen protection this is a good choice.

Posted by Gary B. on December 28, 2005 at 2:41 AM (CST)

This case is awful it collects dust, appears crudely made and degenerates from the look of the ipod. I would strongly advice not getting this case.

Posted by Alex on January 9, 2006 at 3:00 PM (CST)

I am interested in this case.
1. Can I remove all hardware from the back as to have it sit flat on the table?
2. Does the click wheel work well with the cover?

Posted by Steve on February 11, 2006 at 8:39 PM (CST)

I just purchased this zCover for my 5G.  First off I think the fit was perfect.  The belt clip is fully removable which will allow the iPod to sit flat on a table.  Also, the cover for the click wheel is superb.  I thougt the silicone cover over the click wheel was a little thick at first and would slow the response, but to my surprise it didn’t effect it at all.  My one and only gripe about this case is that it is a dust magnet.  (Especially if you purchased the black case!)  If I got another one I would get a lighter color so I wouldn’t see the dust as much.  Overall I give this case a 9/10.  A MUST buy if you are looking for a quality silicone cover with screen and click wheel protection.

Posted by jDogkilla on February 15, 2006 at 12:28 PM (CST)

I have this case, and liked all the features. I bought it knowing that it would protect my 5G well. After nearly 9 months I’ve gotten used to its quirks. The silicon does attract lint (esp. the smoke grey color)...I think a smoother silicon could work. The clear screen cover worked well, but through some user impatients has left small mark on the corners of the screen. My biggest complaints are the headphone hole, which is too small to fit larger stereo jacks (like the B&O’s I have). And the adapter cover also doesn’t allow use of larger FM tuners cables like the Monster. I am gonna try my first aluminum case, PodsPlus V2, I’ll let you know how that works out.

Posted by BeFree on November 2, 2006 at 1:42 AM (CST)