zCover offers silicone protective cases for iPod nano | iLounge News

zCover offers silicone protective cases for iPod nano

imagezCover has announced the availability of its first silicone cases for the iPod nano. Available in 9 colors, the shock-absorbing cases protect your iPod nano from scratches and dirt, and provide access to the dock connector port and headphone jack.

Each zCover “iSA micro? Duo Pack ($24.95) contains two cases, one in lanyard style and one in sheath style, with one hard clear screen protector and one removable lanyard. The cases come in black, red, blue, pink, purple, green, grey, clear, and glow-in-dark white. It doesn’t appear that you can mix and match colors.

« Mix: Jobs, nano sales, INDEX awards, Subway maps, Price cuts

Motorola CEO: ‘Screw the nano’ »

Comments

While I never have found silicone cases fashionable, I guess this is the only real protection option for at least a month until some of the other case options become available…

Posted by Eric on September 26, 2005 at 8:40 AM (PDT)

Wish they had incorporated the belt clip option which their other iPod cases have.

Posted by Chris on September 26, 2005 at 10:25 AM (PDT)

The cases look great but after you add in the shipping the total comes to $33.45.  That’s way too much for this product IMO.  Besides, give it a couple of weeks and the competition will turn fierce.

Posted by Joe on September 26, 2005 at 3:51 PM (PDT)

With all the scratching, a lot of people don’t HAVE a few weeks.

Posted by mongoos150 in Tucson, AZ on September 26, 2005 at 4:20 PM (PDT)

I thik the iSkin will be better.

Posted by dice on September 26, 2005 at 9:59 PM (PDT)

Skins are well and good for the scratching issue (as long as they have a screen protector, that is), but what about the LCD cracking issue? Only some sort of hard case will help against THAT problem, and even then it probably would have to be pretty thick to mitigate any flexing issues with the nano’s chassis. It’s really looking like Apple didn’t develop the nano design very thoroughly. Very MSFT (tsk).

Well, at least now I don’t feel so foolish for leaving the clear plastic film on that shipped with the nano while waiting for the first cases, ANY case, to make it to market.

Posted by flatline response on September 27, 2005 at 6:43 AM (PDT)

Just got mine a few minutes ago. I must say that my initial impression isn’t very good.

The scroll wheel is definately more difficult when it comes to volume/fast track fast forwarding.

Additionally, I use the hold button @ the top a lot & that’s covered by the silicone- but the bottom is completely open.

The screen protection works pretty well though.

I may try to xacto out the scroll wheel so it’s more like my iskin on the full sized ipod.

Or I may just stick w/ my Palm WriteRight screen cover.

Posted by Anthony on October 4, 2005 at 6:42 PM (PDT)

Just got mine a few minutes ago too. I purchased the ISA Micro Duo, one has an open bottom for dock connecting and the other has a lanyard on the bottom with a slit in the rear that opens to release the nano.  Not bad, at least now I can take the plastic off the front of the nano from when it was shipped!

Posted by Steve on October 4, 2005 at 6:55 PM (PDT)