Zeetron intros iPhone 4 Color Swap service | iLounge News

Zeetron intros iPhone 4 Color Swap service

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Tuesday, October 12, 2010
News Categories: iPhone

image

Mobile device part and repair service Zeetron has introduced its new iPhone 4 Color Swap service. Using “original” repair parts, the service has customers mail in their current black iPhone 4 units, which are received, processed, and shipped back the same day via FedEx overnight. The service replaces the front and back panels of the black iPhone 4 with white repair parts, which includes both the LCD and digitizer, as well as the Home button. Zeetron charges $199 for its mail-in iPhone 4 Color Swap service and also sells do-it-yourself kits for $188. Either option is likely to void any current Apple warranty; proceed with caution.

« O2, Vodafone to launch iPhone 4 in Germany

ColorWare now offering customized iPod touch 4G units »

Comments

I’d say I’m speechless, but I’d be lying…

Posted by sb on October 12, 2010 at 11:55 AM (PDT)

It is weird that the white iPhone 4 is still not abvailable after so long. Right now the only white Apple product you can buy new to match the white ear buds that come with the iPhone/iPod line is the MacBook?

Posted by Dr Love on October 12, 2010 at 12:11 PM (PDT)

What I gather from this article? There are people willing to drop $200 to change the color of their phone, shredding their warranty in the process.

Yikes.

Posted by Daniel S. on October 14, 2010 at 5:41 AM (PDT)

Don’t use zeetron for anything, example, call them every hour and they won’t Answere! They takes days to Answere emails! There shady and don’t use there business. We sent them a new iPhone and thye yet have gotten it Back to us. It’s been over a week and status still says waiting fulfillment , and this was suppose to be a Xmas present!

Posted by Joe on December 28, 2010 at 7:31 PM (PDT)

Zeetron is great. The color swap service works fantastic, and i am so happy my phone is now white. They sent the phone overnight as promised.

Posted by Mike L on January 3, 2011 at 2:27 PM (PDT)

I bought the iPhone 4 after owning the 3s. I was hard on the 3s and never broke the screen therefore when buying the iPhone 4 I opted out of the extra warranty coverage. As we all should know by now the iPhone 4 screen and back cover break easy. Luckily there is a company like zeetron to provide a reasonable fix and DIY video step by step instructions. I’ve used Zeetron twice to diy replace the same iPhone 4 and never had an issue. Overall I am pleased with Zeetron and it’s a great option for people who waived the extra glass warranty or who want to customize their phone. I will continue to suggest Zeetron to friends.

Posted by Michael Hinkens on July 26, 2012 at 5:34 PM (PDT)