Zip your iPod, new case announced | iLounge News

Zip your iPod, new case announced

pic Lajo Cymbalski, the designer of iSkin and Maclear products has announced the Zip case for iPod. Zip fits new iPod 10/15/30GB models.

“Zip by Maclear will change the way you view and use your new iPod. It is made from the top quality ultra clear PTU material, Zip protects the entire iPod body including the screen and touchwheel. Although covered the touchwheel is fully functional. Zip comes with a removable chrome belt clip stub, so now it’s zip it, protect it, use it, wear it and show it off. When the belt clip stub is removed Zip offers excellent protection when iPod is being slid into and pulled out of leather and plastic cases. You won’t want to handle your precious new iPod without it. It only costs $12.50 with the belt clip. Zip up, it’s a rough world out there.”

Cymbalski also mentioned to look out for new features on the iSkin iPod case and more new case designs in the near future. Zip is available now for pre-order at ThinkDifferentStore.com at a special introductory price of $10.

Press release from the ThinkDifferentStore:

New 3G iPod case at The Think Different Store!

For Immediate Release

Long Island, New York—June 5, 2003—The Think Different Store (http://www.thinkdifferentstore.com) today announced an exciting new product it will be carrying: the Maclear Zip - finally a case that protects your entire iPod, while still giving you full access to the controls!

The Maclear Zip will change the way you view and use your new iPod. It is a clear, zippered case that fits around your iPod. Made from top quality ultra clear PTU material, the Maclear Zip protects the entire iPod body, including the screen and touch wheel. Although covered, the touch wheel is fully functional.

The Maclear Zip comes with a removable chrome belt clip stub, so now it’s zip it, protect it, use it, wear it, and show it off. When the belt clip stub is removed, it offers excellent protection when your iPod is being slid into and pulled out of other leather and plastic cases. You won’t want to handle your precious new iPod without it. It only costs $12.50 with the belt clip. Pre - order now and pay
only $10!

Zip up, it’s a rough world out there. The Maclear Zip is available at the ThinkDifferentStore.

The Maclear Zip is for the new 10GB/15GB/30GB model iPods.

The Think Different Store is a retailer of Macintosh peripherals and accessories. For additional information visit (http://www.thinkdifferentstore.com)

« New MARWARE SportSuit Convertible available for pre-order

TheMacMind Interviews iLounge Publisher »

Comments

Looks pretty good… but does it have holes for the headphones and hold switch? I imagine it’s got to, but it’d be nice to see.

Posted by Adrian on June 5, 2003 at 11:15 AM (CDT)

And what about using the dock with this case on the iPod?  Do you have to take it out to dock it?

Posted by Scott on June 5, 2003 at 12:53 PM (CDT)

Not sure I’m keen. I think the idea of the zip is to make it more accessible for headphones/hold switch/docking but don’t think (admittedly just from second guessing from the pics) that holes for these functions are present. In fact docking seems unlikely with the case on because the flush fit with the docking station won’t allow the zip/casing to fit. Also, the presence of a zip may actually cause scratching (the zip teeth look plastic/plasticised so maybe ok, but the zip itself is metal). More pics/info from the company would be handy since all my thoughts are based on the few pics provided, so I could easily be talking utter rubbish ... just my tuppence worth.

Posted by dcbell on June 5, 2003 at 1:29 PM (CDT)

The perfect case would be an iSkin which didn’t pick up dust and hair, didn’t rub off any gunk or whatever, and a mega thin layer or clear silicon to cover the screen, buttons and touchwheel.

Posted by tombertram on June 5, 2003 at 3:03 PM (CDT)

Yes, there is an access hole for ear/headphones. To access the FireWire dock port, you need to unzip the case. The zipper has a protective lining so it will not scratch the iPod.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on June 5, 2003 at 6:37 PM (CDT)

I don’t know about this. It reminds me of those plastic covers on sofas. It’s like so 70s.

Posted by ipod-upod on June 5, 2003 at 8:03 PM (CDT)

From www.maclear.biz  the manufacturer

Posted by Lajo Cymbalski on June 5, 2003 at 11:53 PM (CDT)

Hey Lajo… are you the person who runs maclear? (The name is kind of a giveaway!) If so, can you provide some additional pictures? I’m very interested, but skeptical. Being able to see the product, say, in the dock, with the stud removed, with the headphones in, etc would help. Thanks!

Posted by Adrian on June 6, 2003 at 8:14 AM (CDT)

All of that info will be up on www.maclear.biz this coming week. Zip is a new product and I am rushing to fill my distributor’s orders. Next week you will have all your answers in picture form. In the meantime zip has die cut holes for the headphones, the stub removes with a twisted of a flat head screw driver and the docking is possible with a quick zip but the case does not have to be removed - for the previous 10gb you don’t have to unzip to get to the firewire port. Thank you for your comment and watch for maclear for iBook and powerbook.

Posted by Lajo Cymbalski on June 6, 2003 at 8:25 AM (CDT)

odd…my comment on how I thought it wasn’t an attractive case at all has disappearred…is this run by the apple moderators?

Editor’s note: I assure you it wasn’t deleted, please re-submit as there may have been an error. Thanks, and there are definitely no Apple moderators working here :)

Posted by CK on June 6, 2003 at 8:53 AM (CDT)

I am looking for 10 test drivers for my new Maclear iBook cover/for my new iSkin case (X3) for the 10/15gb 30gb ipod. If you are interested please write me the Designer/Manfacturer at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) The first 10 people will be selected but I will answer all replies for the position. Your compensation will be the product you are testing for free.

Posted by Lajo Cymbalski on June 6, 2003 at 9:09 AM (CDT)

re: 10 test drivers for my new iSkin design coming out this month - I now have 10 people to test it - for those that missed out I am making more than one iSkin design for the new ipod 10/15gb and 30gb. I will want test drivers for that, but do not email me yet, wait until I post this on www.iskin.biz or www.ipodlounge.com this month.  I still need more test drivers for the new Maclear iBook zip case.

Posted by Lajo Cymbalski on June 7, 2003 at 6:06 PM (CDT)

my only concern is that if the zip will scratch the ipod.  That’s all.

I really want it if it doesn’t!

Posted by ywwong on June 7, 2003 at 8:05 PM (CDT)

The zipper never touches the iPod surface. There is a protective zipper liner inbetween the zipper and iPod. So it is save to zip up

Posted by Lajo Cymbalski on June 7, 2003 at 8:09 PM (CDT)

very nice..  i am going to order one!

Posted by ywwong on June 7, 2003 at 8:30 PM (CDT)

You will love it

Posted by Lajo Cymbalski on June 7, 2003 at 8:39 PM (CDT)

Any chance of a version for second gen ipods? This looks like a great case.

Posted by Mang on June 7, 2003 at 10:33 PM (CDT)

This case is for the previous 10gb (thin) the new 10 and 15 gb and the new 30gb. I think we have most of the bases covered

Posted by Lajo Cymbalski on June 7, 2003 at 10:35 PM (CDT)

Just want to make sure, will this fit the 2nd gen 10gb ipod?  If so, I’m a buyer!
Thanks

Posted by majortom on June 8, 2003 at 12:16 AM (CDT)

Yes it will fit the new ipod just released. The 10gb and the 15gb are the same size so there is one case to fit them, then there is a seperate case to fit the 30gb. Zip is not a 1 case fit all, it is a snug fitting case. When you order just order the 10/15gb and that will get you the case you want. For those that have the previous 10gb (thin) then they should just order the 10gb (thin). If there is a demand for the 5gb/10gb and the 20gb, I will them into production also. Our customers dictate which way we go.

Posted by Lajo Cymbalski on June 8, 2003 at 12:23 AM (CDT)

Page 1 of 7 pages  1 2 3 >  Last ›