Zip your iPod, new case announced | iLounge News

Zip your iPod, new case announced

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Thursday, June 5, 2003
News Categories:

pic #### Cymbalski, the designer of iSkin and Maclear products has announced the Zip case for iPod. Zip fits new iPod 10/15/30GB models.

“Zip by Maclear will change the way you view and use your new iPod. It is made from the top quality ultra clear PTU material, Zip protects the entire iPod body including the screen and touchwheel. Although covered the touchwheel is fully functional. Zip comes with a removable chrome belt clip stub, so now it’s zip it, protect it, use it, wear it and show it off. When the belt clip stub is removed Zip offers excellent protection when iPod is being slid into and pulled out of leather and plastic cases. You won’t want to handle your precious new iPod without it. It only costs $12.50 with the belt clip. Zip up, it’s a rough world out there.”

Cymbalski also mentioned to look out for new features on the iSkin iPod case and more new case designs in the near future. Zip is available now for pre-order at ThinkDifferentStore.com at a special introductory price of $10.

Press release from the ThinkDifferentStore:

New 3G iPod case at The Think Different Store!

For Immediate Release

Long Island, New York—June 5, 2003—The Think Different Store (http://www.thinkdifferentstore.com) today announced an exciting new product it will be carrying: the Maclear Zip - finally a case that protects your entire iPod, while still giving you full access to the controls!

The Maclear Zip will change the way you view and use your new iPod. It is a clear, zippered case that fits around your iPod. Made from top quality ultra clear PTU material, the Maclear Zip protects the entire iPod body, including the screen and touch wheel. Although covered, the touch wheel is fully functional.

The Maclear Zip comes with a removable chrome belt clip stub, so now it’s zip it, protect it, use it, wear it, and show it off. When the belt clip stub is removed, it offers excellent protection when your iPod is being slid into and pulled out of other leather and plastic cases. You won’t want to handle your precious new iPod without it. It only costs $12.50 with the belt clip. Pre - order now and pay
only $10!

Zip up, it’s a rough world out there. The Maclear Zip is available at the ThinkDifferentStore.

The Maclear Zip is for the new 10GB/15GB/30GB model iPods.

The Think Different Store is a retailer of Macintosh peripherals and accessories. For additional information visit (http://www.thinkdifferentstore.com)

« New MARWARE SportSuit Convertible available for pre-order

TheMacMind Interviews iLounge Publisher »

Comments

Good to hear, I do not believe in building product with a one size fits all.

Posted by Lajo Cymbalski on June 9, 2003 at 3:27 PM (PDT)

Is the finger strap included on pre-order price:$10 ? If not, how could I order it?

Posted by Harrison on June 9, 2003 at 9:43 PM (PDT)

The finger strap is an accessory, it will cost $5 and you can order 1 of the 12 astro signs. You will have to wait until the end of this month as resellers get geared up to sell them. There will be many designs available as the months go by and these finger straps will be also be used with iSkin and for other cases I am making for cell phones and PDAs

Posted by Lajo Cymbalski on June 9, 2003 at 9:51 PM (PDT)

I would definitely be interested in purchasing this case for the 20 gb ipod.  I hope you consider producing one.  smile

Posted by Ambika Subramony on June 9, 2003 at 10:13 PM (PDT)

so the new iskins will still only have finger straps?  Hmmm…I was hoping for a glowing one with a belt clip.

Posted by CK on June 10, 2003 at 7:08 AM (PDT)

i order one from the store..  but i didn’t ask me if i want the finger trap.

Posted by ywwong on June 10, 2003 at 8:05 AM (PDT)

iSkin will have a lot more than that, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Finger strap is an accessory and they will have that on their site very soon

Posted by Lajo Cymbalski on June 10, 2003 at 3:13 PM (PDT)

at first i didn’t understand how the touchwheel would still work when it’s covered by the Zip…but then i tried placing a piece of paper over my ipod. surprisingly, the touchwheel and buttons still work through the paper! you learn something new everyday…

Posted by wwong on June 11, 2003 at 1:09 PM (PDT)

The material they use is TPU, there must be a misprint here? I read up on TPU and it is incredible, this should be an alright product if they put it together right. I am not familiar with the company Maclear. I went to thier website and see they also manufacture Iskin. Does anyone know about these people, are they reliable?

Posted by John Henson on June 11, 2003 at 9:02 PM (PDT)

I am the manufacturer, you ask are we reliable? I suggest you enter iSkin into your web search engine and check out the news sites that have tested and reported their opinions about my product iSkin. Maclear “zip” is new but is built the same as iSkin, quality first. If you have looked up TPU you know there is no better material out there. TPU is 6 times more expensive than soft PVC.

Posted by Lajo Cymbalski on June 12, 2003 at 12:30 AM (PDT)

I just ordered one from thinkdifferent.com, and I don’t even have my ipod yet XD. It should arrive tomorrow (the ipod).

Posted by Luis on June 12, 2003 at 6:44 AM (PDT)

Great to hear, I have improved zip since our newsrelease so you will have the latest.  Developing is an ongoing thing here in my China office, I can’t leave things as they are, I want to find a way to make it better, it goes back to my designer, development of high end property in Canada. I have the case on my iPod everyday, I look at it this way, if I like it enough to use it and not want to be without it, it is time to release the product.

Posted by Lajo Cymbalski on June 12, 2003 at 6:50 AM (PDT)

do you know when thinkdifferent.com will ship it out?  can’t wait to have it

Posted by ywwong on June 12, 2003 at 7:59 AM (PDT)

We are working on the packaging and hope to have it printed this weekend, then we will ship to them. No one at this point has zip.

Posted by Lajo Cymbalski on June 12, 2003 at 2:14 PM (PDT)

ahh….  hope it will arive before 6/28.  i am moving out of country!

Posted by ywwong on June 12, 2003 at 2:21 PM (PDT)

You will get it before that, they are ready now but waiting for the boxes to be printed.

Posted by Lajo Cymbalski on June 12, 2003 at 3:05 PM (PDT)

The suspense on the iskins is killing me!  Well, maybe not that bad but I really like my iskin keyboard protector so I’d imagine I’d like the ipod protector as well.  Kind of scares me when I see how much lint and other debris my fingers bring to the keyboard on a daily basis - and I wash my hands before using my computer!  I know the keyboard protectors are thinner than the ipod protectors but how much thicker are the ipod protectors?

Posted by CK on June 14, 2003 at 6:50 AM (PDT)

The new iPod iskin is 3.0mm thick as is our current iSkin, but that is where the similarity ends. For an update: on Wednesday the test of the mold worked excellent better than my expectations. The iSkin G3 mold is a very complicated mold because the new iSkin G3 is covered at the top and bottom, no openings to insert the center mold. Many mold makers said it was impossible. Molds for these type of cases are 3 part molds, top, bottom and center. These are easy to make when you have a large opening at the top of the case, like Groove Jacket, Aqua Jacket and the previous iSkins. The iSkin G3 mold is a 7 part mold and there is no opening for the mold at the top or bottom, so how was it done? How do you insert the iPod into the case? All answers will be coming soon. I did this on a gamble,  I felt if I did succeed, iSkin G3 would be the number 1 case on the market and no case of this type could come close to competing with iSkin G3 and iSkin G3 would set the new standard for what would be expected from a soft material case. My secrets will benefit the new iPod users, this will be the best case every. Loaded with 4 new features not available with any other cases of this type selling or offered for sale this month for the new iPod.

Feature #1 - top, bottom and both side are covered in the highest grade of soft Japanese silicone to offers maximum protection - feature 2 revealed in the next few days. Delivery of the case will be within the next few weeks. iSkin G3 will be packaged in a Maclear case which will you can us for additional protection when you are not using your iPod - this case will be free with the purchase of iSkin G3 from dealers supplied by [url=http://www.iskin.biz]http://www.iskin.biz[/url]

Posted by Lajo Cymbalski on June 14, 2003 at 7:08 AM (PDT)

Thanks for the info! Sounds very exciting!  I’ll be waiting patiently!

Posted by CK on June 14, 2003 at 11:05 AM (PDT)

Is there any new iskin for the G1/ G2 ipod? If yes, will they also packaged in a Maclear case? Thanks.

Posted by Ed_is_pod on June 14, 2003 at 11:26 AM (PDT)

Page 3 of 7 pages  <  1 2 3 4 5 >  Last »