Friday, January 18, 2002
Software: EphPod beta v1.22 Released
“EphPod is a program designed to make your iPod work with Windows. You will needa program to let you read Mac drives through Windows for EphPod to work properly. Currently, we recommend MacOpener. It has a free trial, so you can try it before you have to pay for it.:”
New changes and fixes in beta v1.22:
- Keeps track of files not added
- New Copy Routines - Should stop lockups after transferring tons of files
- Stupid Bug with Batch-Editing fix (Now the F3-F5 batch editing should work)
- High-Ascii characters in ID3 tags were screwing things up, so I’m stripping them now
- Periods in filenames seemed to screw things up, so I’m stripping them now
Thursday, January 17, 2002
Tips & Tricks: AppleCare Knowledge Base iPod How-to
Apple.com recently posted a new iPod how-to in its Knowledge Base:
“iPod: How to Switch Between Song Time Remaining and Time Played
This document explains how to switch the display between counting down the remaining time in a song, and showing how long a song has been playing.”
[Updated: Saturday, January 19, 2002 8:36 AM PST]
XtremeMac.com MacWorld SF 2002 discount news has been moved to the top of this page under “What’s New”.
Tuesday, January 15, 2002
Contests: DealNN.com is giving away a free iPod
That’s right, a chance to win a free iPod. Every deal published is a chance to win.
Software: iPod Free File Sync v2.0 Released
Changes made in iPFFS final version 2.0:
- Synchronizing of MP3/AIFF/WAV files from any source to your computer.
- Auto copy feature: copies optionally selected files from the synchronized “New Music” playlist to the “New Music”-folder on your disk. This is based on artist/album and folders are created as needed.
Changed from the last beta:
- If you choosed an iPod disk manually, the music folder was not made visible, therefore synchronization stopped.
Monday, January 14, 2002
Cases: Software & Things Releases the iGlove
You may have remembered us reporting on this case a while back. Now the case and the web site are ready for business. The iGlove is made of imported Italian leather and retails for $26.95.
- Fully lined with rigid-edged construction.
- Ten to twelve stitches per inch assembly for greater strength.
- Leather enclosed belt clip to match the case.
- Thick, clear plastic window design, for screen protection without loss of visibility.
Reviews: BusinessWeek online praises the iPod
“The iPod is proof that with enough care and concentration, designers can approach perfection.”
Sunday, January 13, 2002
Software: PodMaster beta v9.9 Released
- Still provides backup for all your songs on your iPod.
- Sped up scrolling in MacOS X.
- Sped up sorting in MacOS 9 and MacOS X.
- Now able to auto-detect iPod plugged in after program is running.
- A Carbon application runs in both MacOS 9 and MacOS X.
Next: News 01.20.02-01.26.02
Previous: News 01.06.02-01.12.02
Apple HealthKit not ready for prime time? (Update: Yes)
First-party Apple apps updated en masse for iOS 8
Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
Apple TV software updates to 7.0 with Beats Music channel and redesigned look
New Cook interview provides insight on Apple Watch development
Apple releases iOS 8
Report: Apple to unveil new iPads on October 21
Foxconn struggling to meet demand for iPhone 6
Apple to require app-specific passwords for third-party apps in iCloud
Apple posts guide for moving content from Android to iPhone<
Apple Inc. iOS 8
ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker<
Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
What’s New in iTunes 12
iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels<