Friday, January 18, 2002
Software: EphPod beta v1.22 Released
“EphPod is a program designed to make your iPod work with Windows. You will needa program to let you read Mac drives through Windows for EphPod to work properly. Currently, we recommend MacOpener. It has a free trial, so you can try it before you have to pay for it.:”
New changes and fixes in beta v1.22:
- Keeps track of files not added
- New Copy Routines - Should stop lockups after transferring tons of files
- Stupid Bug with Batch-Editing fix (Now the F3-F5 batch editing should work)
- High-Ascii characters in ID3 tags were screwing things up, so I’m stripping them now
- Periods in filenames seemed to screw things up, so I’m stripping them now
Thursday, January 17, 2002
Tips & Tricks: AppleCare Knowledge Base iPod How-to
Apple.com recently posted a new iPod how-to in its Knowledge Base:
“iPod: How to Switch Between Song Time Remaining and Time Played
This document explains how to switch the display between counting down the remaining time in a song, and showing how long a song has been playing.”
[Updated: Saturday, January 19, 2002 8:36 AM PST]
XtremeMac.com MacWorld SF 2002 discount news has been moved to the top of this page under “What’s New”.
Tuesday, January 15, 2002
Contests: DealNN.com is giving away a free iPod
That’s right, a chance to win a free iPod. Every deal published is a chance to win.
Software: iPod Free File Sync v2.0 Released
Changes made in iPFFS final version 2.0:
- Synchronizing of MP3/AIFF/WAV files from any source to your computer.
- Auto copy feature: copies optionally selected files from the synchronized “New Music” playlist to the “New Music”-folder on your disk. This is based on artist/album and folders are created as needed.
Changed from the last beta:
- If you choosed an iPod disk manually, the music folder was not made visible, therefore synchronization stopped.
Monday, January 14, 2002
Cases: Software & Things Releases the iGlove
You may have remembered us reporting on this case a while back. Now the case and the web site are ready for business. The iGlove is made of imported Italian leather and retails for $26.95.
- Fully lined with rigid-edged construction.
- Ten to twelve stitches per inch assembly for greater strength.
- Leather enclosed belt clip to match the case.
- Thick, clear plastic window design, for screen protection without loss of visibility.
Reviews: BusinessWeek online praises the iPod
“The iPod is proof that with enough care and concentration, designers can approach perfection.”
Sunday, January 13, 2002
Software: PodMaster beta v9.9 Released
- Still provides backup for all your songs on your iPod.
- Sped up scrolling in MacOS X.
- Sped up sorting in MacOS 9 and MacOS X.
- Now able to auto-detect iPod plugged in after program is running.
- A Carbon application runs in both MacOS 9 and MacOS X.
Next: News 01.20.02-01.26.02
Previous: News 01.06.02-01.12.02
August adds Motion Detection, Video Recording to Doorbell Cam
Black hat security firm triples exploit bounty to $1.5m in wake of improved iOS 10 security features
BMW acknowledges Bluetooth problems with iPhone 7
Apple announces ‘Game of Thrones: Enhanced Edition’ interactive iBooks
Apple announces App Store Search Ads
Apple announces iOS business development partnership with Deloitte
Apple logs iMessage contact info, could be compelled to offer info to police
Apple reportedly calls in hackers for meeting on bug bounty program
Apple creating new London headquarters
Honeywell debuts Lyric T5 HomeKit-enabled smart thermostat<
IK Multimedia iRig HD 2
808 Audio XS Sport Rugged Wireless Speaker
Mass Fidelity Core Bluetooth Speaker
Thought Out Simplex Tablet iPad Stand
SmartX Galaxy ZEGA Starter Kit
Apple iPhone 7 Plus Leather Case
Apple Watch Series 2
iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
Twelve South HiRise 2 for iPhone + iPad
Nomad Pod Pro for iPhone and Apple Watch<
Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps<