Friday, January 18, 2002
Software: EphPod beta v1.22 Released
“EphPod is a program designed to make your iPod work with Windows. You will needa program to let you read Mac drives through Windows for EphPod to work properly. Currently, we recommend MacOpener. It has a free trial, so you can try it before you have to pay for it.:”
New changes and fixes in beta v1.22:
- Keeps track of files not added
- New Copy Routines - Should stop lockups after transferring tons of files
- Stupid Bug with Batch-Editing fix (Now the F3-F5 batch editing should work)
- High-Ascii characters in ID3 tags were screwing things up, so I’m stripping them now
- Periods in filenames seemed to screw things up, so I’m stripping them now
Thursday, January 17, 2002
Tips & Tricks: AppleCare Knowledge Base iPod How-to
Apple.com recently posted a new iPod how-to in its Knowledge Base:
“iPod: How to Switch Between Song Time Remaining and Time Played
This document explains how to switch the display between counting down the remaining time in a song, and showing how long a song has been playing.”
[Updated: Saturday, January 19, 2002 8:36 AM PST]
XtremeMac.com MacWorld SF 2002 discount news has been moved to the top of this page under “What’s New”.
Tuesday, January 15, 2002
Contests: DealNN.com is giving away a free iPod
That’s right, a chance to win a free iPod. Every deal published is a chance to win.
Software: iPod Free File Sync v2.0 Released
Changes made in iPFFS final version 2.0:
- Synchronizing of MP3/AIFF/WAV files from any source to your computer.
- Auto copy feature: copies optionally selected files from the synchronized “New Music” playlist to the “New Music”-folder on your disk. This is based on artist/album and folders are created as needed.
Changed from the last beta:
- If you choosed an iPod disk manually, the music folder was not made visible, therefore synchronization stopped.
Monday, January 14, 2002
Cases: Software & Things Releases the iGlove
You may have remembered us reporting on this case a while back. Now the case and the web site are ready for business. The iGlove is made of imported Italian leather and retails for $26.95.
- Fully lined with rigid-edged construction.
- Ten to twelve stitches per inch assembly for greater strength.
- Leather enclosed belt clip to match the case.
- Thick, clear plastic window design, for screen protection without loss of visibility.
Reviews: BusinessWeek online praises the iPod
“The iPod is proof that with enough care and concentration, designers can approach perfection.”
Sunday, January 13, 2002
Software: PodMaster beta v9.9 Released
- Still provides backup for all your songs on your iPod.
- Sped up scrolling in MacOS X.
- Sped up sorting in MacOS 9 and MacOS X.
- Now able to auto-detect iPod plugged in after program is running.
- A Carbon application runs in both MacOS 9 and MacOS X.
Next: News 01.20.02-01.26.02
Previous: News 01.06.02-01.12.02
iTunes Radio could be standalone app in iOS 8
Apple drops iPhone return policy to 14 days
Apps: Duolingo 3.3, Marvel Unlimited 2.0, Smash Hit + Wave Wave
Apple running large iPhone 5c ad on NY Times site
Report: iOS 8 Maps to gain public transit directions
Apple updates Remote app with improved Apple TV integration
iOS 7.1 reveals two new iPad models?
Apple TV 6.1 update released, allows users to hide channels
Apple releases iOS 7.1
Apple iPhone trade-in program arrives in Canada
Grovemade Bamboo iPad Case for iPad mini
Soundfreaq Sound Rise SFQ-08 Wireless Speaker with Alarm Clock
Chil PowerShare Reactor 5.1 Amp Multidevice Charger
TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
Splitting purchased content between two iPads
iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number