Saturday, May 4, 2002
Software: EntourageNotes v1.3 released
There have been quite a few changes (many the same as those introduced with EntourageEvents 1.3):
- What’s new in v1.3
- Put all of the notes entries into 1 file called “Notes.vcf”. This really helps file management.
- Provides a list of note titles so you can select which ones you want to export. Also includes an “Export All” button so you don’t have to select them all if you have a lot of notes and want them all exported.
- Allow for the selection of the folder to save to, which can include your iPod.
- Saved preferences so you don’t have to select the same thing each run.
- Makes sure it only deletes “Note…” files since you may be directly accessing the iPod.
- Optimized the splitting of notes across multiple cards. You should see a marked improvement for really long notes.
- Automatically makes Quit the default button after an export.
Friday, May 3, 2002
“He’s The DJ, I’m The Writer
Dean Browell, writer for the Applelust Skewed Mac column, informs us of his latest article describing how his iPod played DJ and saved the party:
“The fact that we saved them $200 on a DJ aside, everyone was really impressed by the iPod’s capabilities (not a few of which were Windows users). By the end of the night, like me, they were doubly impressed with its longevity and careless toiling in the background.”
Thursday, May 2, 2002
Buy a 5GB iPod, get $80 of music free
Dealmac reports of an Amazon iPod plus free music deal:
“A reader notes that Amazon.com offers $80 in music free when purchased with the Apple iPod 5GB for $399.99. Add the iPod and at least $80 worth of new music CDs to your cart and use coupon code “APPLEMP34MAY” to take $80 off the entire order. Offer ends May 30, 2002.”
Wednesday, May 1, 2002
“When good things happen by accident”
iLounger, David Babsky points us to a new article at ZDNet. Written by Stephani Somogyi, he mentions how he has re-compressed all of his music at a higher bit-rate of 160kpbs to put on his iPod, in contrast to his old Rio 500, which only allowed 128kpbs MP3s.
“And while the iPod has all sorts of cool features, one of its benefits isn’t immediately obvious: It encourages you to listen to higher-quality music”
Tuesday, April 30, 2002
Rumors: Future iPod
has an eye-opening report on the possible future of the iPod.
“Our source (extraordinarily reliable, you wouldn’t believe…) confirmed that Apple is aggressively expanding the iPod development team. The expansion effort goes beyond software developers and lends credence to previous reports of iPad and other devices in the near future.
Though our source did not (could not) provide any information with respect to how open this platform may be to third-party software developers, we are now more optimistic than ever that Apple will eventually provide an SDK for the iPod platform.”
Monday, April 29, 2002
Hardware: iPodDock & the iPodCradle due next month
We finally have a desktop cradle for the iPod! Photo Control Corporation, makers of the BookEndz Docking Stations for Apple laptops has announced the release of two new products for the iPod:
“The iPodDock ($30) acts as a holder plus it provides the additional benefit of connection ports, audio and Firewire, for instant docking for desktop/home stereo use. Both models will be available beginning May 6.
The iPodCradle ($45) allows the Apple iPod to be supported in an upright position on the desktop. Compatible with most cases on the market, the iPod may be placed on the cradle with or without the case.”
Hardware: Apple debuts eMac and 800MHZ Powerbook G4
- The NEW eMac:
- 17-inch flat CRT
- Power PC G4 Processor
- Compact footprint The NEW Powerbook G4:
- 800MHz G4 Processor
- 1 MB DDR L3 Cache
- 1280x854 Hi-res Display
- DVI Digital Video Out
- ATI Mobility Radeon 7500
Software: iPod2iTunes v0.9.9 released
Usually you cannot transfer songs or playlists from your iPod to your Mac. iPod2iTunes (i2i) is the only utility which allows you not only to copy but to synchronize tracks + playlists from your iPod(s) to your Mac(s). First, it shows you exactly which of the tracks on the iPod are not on your Mac. After synchronizing, you can browse through the new tracks directly in iTunes. You may then transfer some or all tracks to your Mac:
- What’s new in v0.9.9
- “Known Issues” folder added which contains descriptions & solutions about all known issues + tools to maintain the iTunes library. These maintenance tools should ideally be used once before using i2i.
- Playlist synchronization: Does not work when multiple iPods are connected at the same time. This is due to a bug in iTunes and a workaround is not possible, so i2i refuses now to run with multiple iPods connected.
- Playlist synchronization: Tracks without ID3 tags are often not synchronized. Please have a look into the “Known Issues” folder for details and the solution.
- i2i 0.9.3 did not run on OS 10.1.2.
- Updated ReadMe
- Other small corrections.
Sunday, April 28, 2002
Software: Cpod v0.02 for Windows released
Cpod ($5 shareware) is a multi-lingual message/notes application for Windows users. Supports all languages available on the iPod.
- What’s new in v0.02
- The characters was limited to 1000.
- The txt2ipod function added.
Next: News 05.06.02-05.11.02
Previous: News 04.22.02-04.27.02
Apple hires radio exec for iTunes Radio
Apps: 12 Days of Gifts, The Animal Alphabet Singers, Drawing Together + FIFA
China Labor Watch seeks investigation of Pegatron deaths
Dec. 20 deadline for CES Best of Show Submissions
Report: Forstall advising startups, involved in philanthropy
Lightning developer leaves Apple, redesigns Square Reader
China Mobile opens iPhone preorders on Dec. 12
Apple, others call for govt. surveillance reform
New apps aim to fix iOS 7 wallpaper issues
iLounge Weekly coming Monday, new giveaway
Kanex Foldable iDevice Stand
Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Photo Lens for iPhone 5/5s
Belkin APEX360 Advanced Protection Case for iPad mini
STM Grip 2 for iPad Air
CM4 Slite Card Case for iPhone 5c
Newer Technology NuGuard KX for iPad Air + iPad mini
The Joy Factory aXtion Bold for iPad Air
OtterBox Defender Series Case for iPad Air + iPad mini with Retina display
Tabu Lumen TL800 App Enabled LED Color Smart Bulb
Wren V5BT Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
Quality of videos sent via Messages
Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
Problems logging in to iTunes Store