Mac OS X Software
Mac OS X
CopyCatX - 4.0
SubRosaSoft CopyCatX is an extremely fast and easy-to-use utility for duplicating a Mac OS X volume or cloning a complete drive. It is perfect for: Anyone who wants to upgrade to a bigger drive. Users backing up their systems with the knowledge that the bootability and user privileges will be retained. Game players who want to make a perfect copy of a drive with all the hidden files duplicated. Systems administrators who need to deploy multiple drives with identical content. Forensic experts whose job requires identical copies of the original drive. Cross-platform users who need to clone a PC or Linux hard drive quickly and easily. CopyCatX utilizes a method called “device-to-device copying” instead of “file-by-file” copy employed by most backup software. Using device copy enables you to retain every detail of the original drive, from bootablity to the icon locations. Device copy is also a lot faster than the traditional file-by-file backup. The use of device copy normally means the size of the destination volume will be the same as the source volume, but with our resizing technology, we have successfully managed to overcome the primary limitation found in other device copy programs. After the device copying is completed, CopyCatX will automatically expand the volume size to the maximum, so no space is wasted. Even with such features and the performance, CopyCatX is extremely straight-forward to use. CopyCatX’s easy-to-use interface was designed for all OS X users. The whole operation can be completed with a few clicks.
Mac OS X 10.3 or higher
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?