Mac OS X Software
Mac OS X
CopyCatX - 4.0
SubRosaSoft CopyCatX is an extremely fast and easy-to-use utility for duplicating a Mac OS X volume or cloning a complete drive. It is perfect for: Anyone who wants to upgrade to a bigger drive. Users backing up their systems with the knowledge that the bootability and user privileges will be retained. Game players who want to make a perfect copy of a drive with all the hidden files duplicated. Systems administrators who need to deploy multiple drives with identical content. Forensic experts whose job requires identical copies of the original drive. Cross-platform users who need to clone a PC or Linux hard drive quickly and easily. CopyCatX utilizes a method called “device-to-device copying” instead of “file-by-file” copy employed by most backup software. Using device copy enables you to retain every detail of the original drive, from bootablity to the icon locations. Device copy is also a lot faster than the traditional file-by-file backup. The use of device copy normally means the size of the destination volume will be the same as the source volume, but with our resizing technology, we have successfully managed to overcome the primary limitation found in other device copy programs. After the device copying is completed, CopyCatX will automatically expand the volume size to the maximum, so no space is wasted. Even with such features and the performance, CopyCatX is extremely straight-forward to use. CopyCatX’s easy-to-use interface was designed for all OS X users. The whole operation can be completed with a few clicks.
Mac OS X 10.3 or higher
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Thanksgiving 2014 from iLounge!
- Apple highlights more Apple Watch info
- Verizon sponsoring ad-free listening to all U.S. iTunes Radio users
- Microsoft, Yahoo hope to replace Google for Safari default search?
- T-Mobile required to fully disclose throttled data speeds
- Steve Jobs biopic picked up by Universal, Fassbender to star
- Handbrake updated to 0.10, adds new encoders + more
- Report: ‘Deep Organizational Issues’ at Apple affecting iCloud progress
- Apple announces Product(RED) Gift Cards for Black Friday
- Apple unveils Product(RED) apps for World AIDS Day 2014
- Verus Case Damda Slide for iPhone 6 Plus
- Heckler Design @Rest Stand for iPad (2014)
- Kerf Case Wood Cases for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio for iPhone 6 Plus
- ZeroChroma FluxStand-Compatible Car Vent Mount + Reflective Armband
- Griffin Slim Folio and Survivor All-Terrain for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Slide-Mount Combo Pack for iPad Folio-Slide Cases
- G-Project G-Go Outdoor Wireless Speaker (2014)
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Gaming Controller
- Belkin/Jarden Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Smart Coffeemaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0