Mac OS X Software
Mac OS X
CopyCatX - 4.0
SubRosaSoft CopyCatX is an extremely fast and easy-to-use utility for duplicating a Mac OS X volume or cloning a complete drive. It is perfect for: Anyone who wants to upgrade to a bigger drive. Users backing up their systems with the knowledge that the bootability and user privileges will be retained. Game players who want to make a perfect copy of a drive with all the hidden files duplicated. Systems administrators who need to deploy multiple drives with identical content. Forensic experts whose job requires identical copies of the original drive. Cross-platform users who need to clone a PC or Linux hard drive quickly and easily. CopyCatX utilizes a method called “device-to-device copying” instead of “file-by-file” copy employed by most backup software. Using device copy enables you to retain every detail of the original drive, from bootablity to the icon locations. Device copy is also a lot faster than the traditional file-by-file backup. The use of device copy normally means the size of the destination volume will be the same as the source volume, but with our resizing technology, we have successfully managed to overcome the primary limitation found in other device copy programs. After the device copying is completed, CopyCatX will automatically expand the volume size to the maximum, so no space is wasted. Even with such features and the performance, CopyCatX is extremely straight-forward to use. CopyCatX’s easy-to-use interface was designed for all OS X users. The whole operation can be completed with a few clicks.
Mac OS X 10.3 or higher
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today