Mac OS X Software
Mac OS X
DOT-POD - 1.0b10
Let the world enjoy your iPod as much as you do.
Share your iPod tracks with everyone in your home or office.
Share your iPod tracks with the world via any web browser
Only with DOT-POD - the ultimate iPod web server.
Get it NOW!
DOT-POD was conceived by a group of professional musicians who use their iPods for transporting their own copyright music and recordings and who wanted to be able to easily demonstrate their work to clients and to share ‘works in progress’ and other original compositions with others.
Here is an example of DOT-POD in action: Let’s say you’ve created some original music in GarageBand and you want to make it available to your clients, or friends and family. You can’t really email huge files to all your friends - the easy way is to copy them to your iPod and use DOT-POD to make them available on the web from your iPod so that your, clients, friends and family can download them from their web browser.
AND IT IS SOOOOOOO EASY - NO CONFIGURATION REQUIRED!
Step 1) Plug your iPod into your Mac
Step 2) Launch the DOT-POD application
Step 3) Select the music and recordings that you own or have the right to share (“your iPod tracks”)
Step 4) View, download and listen to your iPod tracks via any web browser - anywhere in the world.
DOT-POD doesn’t rely on the OSX built-in ‘web-sharing’, it contains a custom built web server specifically designed to serve the audio tracks on an iPod. Users will be limited only by the speed of their ISP connection as tracks are served at lightning speed from the DOT-POD application. Infact download speeds are virtually identical to those of high-end webservers like apache. You can also create usernames and passwords so that only authorised users can listen to and download your original music.
You don’t have to know anything about webservers, html files, audio streaming technology, web design, user authentication or any of that nonsense which others expect you to learn. Just use Stuffit Expander to extract the file, launch DOT-POD and sit back and enjoy your music playing from every computer in your house - and your friend’s house - and the office - and Aunty Beryl’s…
This is no little iPod utility - this is a fully blown iPod web server application.
You must remember at all times that if you do not own the sound recording of the music then you must not make it available to share with others unless you have legal permission to do so from the owner of the music and the owner of the sound recording.
Mac OS X, iPod
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards