Mac OS X Software
Mac OS X
DOT-TUNES - 3.0
DOT.TUNES is a fully developed web server application that supports mp3, AAC, aiff, .wav, mpeg, mp4, and .mov files, allowing you to share your iTunes library contents with your friends in other cities, your classmates across the dorm or the coworkers scattered throughout the building. DOT.TUNES contains a custom web server designed specifically to serve the audio tracks from your iTunes at lightning fast speeds. Through seamless integration with your iTunes database, DOT.TUNES easily handles large libraries without missing a beat.
Advanced features like the flash player, file uploads, podcasting and RSS feeds allow your subscribers to easily stay up-to-date with your latest adventures. Whether you’re making new music by the hour, doing bad pop karaoke in your living room or working on a video diary of your cat, keeping your friends in the loop is as easy as one click. DOT.TUNES allows you to create your own podcast just like the big boys, except with no server or subscription fees.
It’s been said that there are two types of computer users: Those who get this joke and those who don’t. Whichever category you fall in, you don’t have to worry with DOT.TUNES. You don’t have to don’t know HTML from http. If you’ve worked iTunes, you’re qualified. Download, installation and setup are that easy and intuitive.
Your computer and its contents are always secure. DOT.TUNES works by reading your iTunes library file and never interferes with the contents of your computer. You choose the listeners you invite to your private network and they only have access to the files that you decide. You choose how much access each person has. Dynamic controls allow for an endless array of possibilities spread out amongst as many users as you wish. And no one comes to the party without your say so.
Playing DJ at an iPod party or trying to settle an argument about song lyrics or has never been easier. As long as you have an internet connection, you can log onto your DOT.TUNES server and get the song you need when you need it. You can browse your collection by playlist, genre, artist, genre, album, composer or designated favorites. And, just like in iTunes, a powerful search function allows you to go through your music by keyword.
If you’re really in a crunch, you don’t even need a computer. Any web enabled phone, Sony PSP or PDA will do. DOT.TUNES works fine on all browsers.
With DOT.TUNES’ shared folder function, you never have to be without a vital piece of information again. Any file of any type can be made available to you via the web. And you never have to worry about the integrity of your computer. Access to the shared folder is controlled by the same protocols as your DOT.TUNES music. You decide who, if anyone, gets in. Ease your mind
Stream playlists to your blog/website
User created playlists and favorites
Remote control ability over local networks
Real-time activity monitoring
Control/limit the amount of simultaneous downloads
Album art support
Remote Playlist Creation
Flash Player support
 DOT.TUNES is not to be used in violation of existing copyright laws. We do not encourage you to distribute files without the expressed permission of the owner(s).
 Libraries over 30,000 songs have been successfully tested.
You must remember at all times that if you do not own the sound recording of the music then you must not make it available to share with others unless you have legal permission to do so from the owner of the music and the owner of the sound recording.
Mac OS X 10.2 or higher, iTunes 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps: Assassin’s Creed Pirates, Doctor Who: Legacy, Double Dragon Trilogy + Foursquare 7.0
- Apple patent reveals ‘smart dock’ for Siri use
- Bluetooth 4.1 announced as free update for 4.0 devices
- Apple and China Mobile make iPhone deal?
- Startup uses iBeacon to allow Newsstand publication access
- Honda announces iPhone-powered car touchscreen
- Report: Apple may launch two 12.9-inch iPads
- Apps: Jetpack Joyride 1.6, The Lonely Beast 123, LoryStripes + Shazam 7.2
- Mophie debuts Powerstation XL battery pack
- China Mobile subsidiary briefly takes iPhone preorders
- Wren V5BT Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Incipio offGRID Pro Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Belkin WeMo Insight Switch
- STM Studio for iPad Air
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPad Air
- Belkin LEGO Builder Case for iPad mini
- Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- Incipio Atlas ID for iPhone 5s
- JBL Spark Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Speaker
- IK Multimedia iRig KEYS PRO
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store
- Receiving FaceTime calls on multiple devices
- iOS 7: Incorrect display of Company-only contacts