Mac OS X Software
Mac OS X
ffmpegX - 0.0.9x r2
ffmpegX is a Mac OS X GUI to ffmpeg the “hyper fast video and audio encoder” (http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net/). This GUI provides quick encoding to DivX, XviD, AVC/h.264, VCD, SVCD, CVD, DVD, 3GP, DV, MP4, MP4 for iPod, MP4 H264 for Sony PSP, FLV, MOV, mp2, mp3, AAC & AC3. MPEG-2 encoding relies on mpeg2enc component from the mjpegtools package (http://mjpeg.sourceforge.net/MacOS/). DivX and XviD encoding and subtitles support relies on external mencoder component from http://sourceforge.net/projects/mplayerosx/. Includes bitrate calculators, a mpeg and DivX splitter for multiple CD burning, and other mpeg tools, including svcd to dvd converter and dvd to 4GB dvd compressor. Includes support for VOB subtitles encoding, DVD selectable subtitles, as well as SubRip, MicroDVD, SubRip, SubViewer, Sami, VPlayer, RT, SSA, AQTitle, JACOsub and MPsubt subtitles. When encoding to MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 it can author the video as VCD or XVCD (.bin/.cue files for burning with Toast by dropping the .bin into VCD window) or as SVCD, CVD or K/XSVCD (two .img files to be burned in Toast under Multitrack XA window), or as DVD (/DVD/ folder to be burned in Toast DVD mode and .img file in UDF format for burning in Disk Image app or Toast disk image mode).
Mac OS X 10.3 and OS X 10.4 (use older version 0.0.9k for OS X 10.2), To install ffmpegX, follow the installation instructions by clicking here, To playback DivX, use codecs from www.3ivx.com or www.divx.com, To playback mpeg-2, use VLC, mplayer or the Apple QT MPEG-2 playback component, To playback MP4 H264, use QT 7, To comply with applicable laws and licensing terms, the mpeg2enc, mplayer and mencoder components must be downloaded and installed separately by using the installer application which comes with ffmpegX. To comply with copyright laws, ffmpegX doesn’t allow to select a DVD device as input and doesn’t contain any DVD decryption software
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple adds transit directions for Boston, Sydney
- Apple acquires artificial intelligence firm Perceptio
- Apple rolls out app thinning in iOS 9.0.2
- Apple Pay transaction numbers still low overall
- Apple releases Apple Watch Hermès collection
- Apple to open Apple TV’s universal search API to more content providers
- Adobe releases Photoshop Fix, Capture CC apps for iOS
- New Philips Hue Bridge supports HomeKit, Siri
- Apple acquires speech tech startup VocalIQ
- iPhone 6s more water-resistant than previous models
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Speck CandyShell Clear and CandyShell Inked Jonathan Adler for iPhone 6/6s
- BenQ treVolo Bluetooth Portable Electrostatic Speaker
- iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- TrackR bravo
- Apple iPad mini 4 Silicone Case + Smart Cover
- Apple iPad mini 4
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?