Mac OS X Software
Mac OS X
ffmpegX - 0.0.9x r2
ffmpegX is a Mac OS X GUI to ffmpeg the “hyper fast video and audio encoder” (http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net/). This GUI provides quick encoding to DivX, XviD, AVC/h.264, VCD, SVCD, CVD, DVD, 3GP, DV, MP4, MP4 for iPod, MP4 H264 for Sony PSP, FLV, MOV, mp2, mp3, AAC & AC3. MPEG-2 encoding relies on mpeg2enc component from the mjpegtools package (http://mjpeg.sourceforge.net/MacOS/). DivX and XviD encoding and subtitles support relies on external mencoder component from http://sourceforge.net/projects/mplayerosx/. Includes bitrate calculators, a mpeg and DivX splitter for multiple CD burning, and other mpeg tools, including svcd to dvd converter and dvd to 4GB dvd compressor. Includes support for VOB subtitles encoding, DVD selectable subtitles, as well as SubRip, MicroDVD, SubRip, SubViewer, Sami, VPlayer, RT, SSA, AQTitle, JACOsub and MPsubt subtitles. When encoding to MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 it can author the video as VCD or XVCD (.bin/.cue files for burning with Toast by dropping the .bin into VCD window) or as SVCD, CVD or K/XSVCD (two .img files to be burned in Toast under Multitrack XA window), or as DVD (/DVD/ folder to be burned in Toast DVD mode and .img file in UDF format for burning in Disk Image app or Toast disk image mode).
Mac OS X 10.3 and OS X 10.4 (use older version 0.0.9k for OS X 10.2), To install ffmpegX, follow the installation instructions by clicking here, To playback DivX, use codecs from www.3ivx.com or www.divx.com, To playback mpeg-2, use VLC, mplayer or the Apple QT MPEG-2 playback component, To playback MP4 H264, use QT 7, To comply with applicable laws and licensing terms, the mpeg2enc, mplayer and mencoder components must be downloaded and installed separately by using the installer application which comes with ffmpegX. To comply with copyright laws, ffmpegX doesn’t allow to select a DVD device as input and doesn’t contain any DVD decryption software
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Tim Cook: ‘I’m proud to be gay’
- AT&T and Verizon tracking customer web activity
- iOS updates causing Mophie Juice Pack Air compatibility problems?
- FTC launches complaint against AT&T over unlimited data throttling policies
- Apple VP Joswiak testy at Code/Mobile event
- Cook discusses Apple Pay, Watch, iPod classic at WSJD Live
- Apple TV adds Hallmark’s Feeln and A&E’s FYI channels
- Fitbit announces Charge, Charge HR + Surge health and fitness trackers
- Apple looking to expand NFC use beyond Apple Pay
- Some U.S. retailers disabling Apple Pay in favor of other services?
- Trident Case Aegis, Cyclops, Kraken A.M.S. + Perseus for iPhone 6
- Incipio Stowaway Advance for iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPad Air 2 Smart Case
- Apple iPad mini 3
- Alpine Headphones
- Apple iPad Air 2
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Just Mobile Xtand Go Z1
- PowerSkin Pop’n 2 for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0