Mac OS X Software
Mac OS X
ffmpegX - 0.0.9x r2
ffmpegX is a Mac OS X GUI to ffmpeg the “hyper fast video and audio encoder” (http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net/). This GUI provides quick encoding to DivX, XviD, AVC/h.264, VCD, SVCD, CVD, DVD, 3GP, DV, MP4, MP4 for iPod, MP4 H264 for Sony PSP, FLV, MOV, mp2, mp3, AAC & AC3. MPEG-2 encoding relies on mpeg2enc component from the mjpegtools package (http://mjpeg.sourceforge.net/MacOS/). DivX and XviD encoding and subtitles support relies on external mencoder component from http://sourceforge.net/projects/mplayerosx/. Includes bitrate calculators, a mpeg and DivX splitter for multiple CD burning, and other mpeg tools, including svcd to dvd converter and dvd to 4GB dvd compressor. Includes support for VOB subtitles encoding, DVD selectable subtitles, as well as SubRip, MicroDVD, SubRip, SubViewer, Sami, VPlayer, RT, SSA, AQTitle, JACOsub and MPsubt subtitles. When encoding to MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 it can author the video as VCD or XVCD (.bin/.cue files for burning with Toast by dropping the .bin into VCD window) or as SVCD, CVD or K/XSVCD (two .img files to be burned in Toast under Multitrack XA window), or as DVD (/DVD/ folder to be burned in Toast DVD mode and .img file in UDF format for burning in Disk Image app or Toast disk image mode).
Mac OS X 10.3 and OS X 10.4 (use older version 0.0.9k for OS X 10.2), To install ffmpegX, follow the installation instructions by clicking here, To playback DivX, use codecs from www.3ivx.com or www.divx.com, To playback mpeg-2, use VLC, mplayer or the Apple QT MPEG-2 playback component, To playback MP4 H264, use QT 7, To comply with applicable laws and licensing terms, the mpeg2enc, mplayer and mencoder components must be downloaded and installed separately by using the installer application which comes with ffmpegX. To comply with copyright laws, ffmpegX doesn’t allow to select a DVD device as input and doesn’t contain any DVD decryption software
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Some Apple Music and iTunes Match services may be illegal in the U.K.
- Australian banks accused of anti-competitive behavior over Apple Pay lockout
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?