Mac OS X Software
Mac OS X
ffmpegX - 0.0.9x r2
ffmpegX is a Mac OS X GUI to ffmpeg the “hyper fast video and audio encoder” (http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net/). This GUI provides quick encoding to DivX, XviD, AVC/h.264, VCD, SVCD, CVD, DVD, 3GP, DV, MP4, MP4 for iPod, MP4 H264 for Sony PSP, FLV, MOV, mp2, mp3, AAC & AC3. MPEG-2 encoding relies on mpeg2enc component from the mjpegtools package (http://mjpeg.sourceforge.net/MacOS/). DivX and XviD encoding and subtitles support relies on external mencoder component from http://sourceforge.net/projects/mplayerosx/. Includes bitrate calculators, a mpeg and DivX splitter for multiple CD burning, and other mpeg tools, including svcd to dvd converter and dvd to 4GB dvd compressor. Includes support for VOB subtitles encoding, DVD selectable subtitles, as well as SubRip, MicroDVD, SubRip, SubViewer, Sami, VPlayer, RT, SSA, AQTitle, JACOsub and MPsubt subtitles. When encoding to MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 it can author the video as VCD or XVCD (.bin/.cue files for burning with Toast by dropping the .bin into VCD window) or as SVCD, CVD or K/XSVCD (two .img files to be burned in Toast under Multitrack XA window), or as DVD (/DVD/ folder to be burned in Toast DVD mode and .img file in UDF format for burning in Disk Image app or Toast disk image mode).
Mac OS X 10.3 and OS X 10.4 (use older version 0.0.9k for OS X 10.2), To install ffmpegX, follow the installation instructions by clicking here, To playback DivX, use codecs from www.3ivx.com or www.divx.com, To playback mpeg-2, use VLC, mplayer or the Apple QT MPEG-2 playback component, To playback MP4 H264, use QT 7, To comply with applicable laws and licensing terms, the mpeg2enc, mplayer and mencoder components must be downloaded and installed separately by using the installer application which comes with ffmpegX. To comply with copyright laws, ffmpegX doesn’t allow to select a DVD device as input and doesn’t contain any DVD decryption software
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- Beijing police bust massive iPhone counterfeiting operation
- Report: Apple interested in BMW i3 as ‘starting point’ for its own car
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?