Mac OS X Software
Mac OS X
The Boom Box - 1.0
The Boom Box contains five best-of-class Mac software applications to help you personalize and maximize your iPod experience. You can convert LPs and tapes, capture audio Internet streams and download podcasts, and create mixes and your own audiobooks.
Back To The Future
Convert your LPs and tapes with CD Spin Doctor, previously only available through Roxio’s Toast software. Import music from a turntable or cassette player, detect tracks automatically, and reduce noise and enhance the sound quality with included filters.
The World’s Smartest & Fastest DJ
Pick any song, artist or album and create perfect playlists to match your mood with MusicMagic Mixer Premium. Automatically analyze the sound wave of each track in your music library, and create instant original mixes from songs with similar acoustic personalities.
TiVo For Your Audio
Capture and save the audio from any application, in real-time, with Audio Hijack. Save Internet music or radio shows to enjoy at any time, capture sound clips from your DVDs, and set timers to record even when you’re away from your computer.
Your Own Personal Radio Station
Download podcasts on thousands of topics and send to iTunes automatically with iPodderX. Browse and search the largest directory of podcasts from around the world, and subscribe to your favorites for fresh, exciting content delivered daily.
Don’t Read It… Hear It
Turn any written document, e-mail or web page into a spoken audio file using iSpeak It. Create your own audio books or listen to the latest news or Internet blog. Instead of reading it you can now listen to it on your iPod.
CD Spin Doctor recording software
MusicMagic Mixer playlist software (premium version - unlimited license, $29 value)
Audio Hijack capture software (full version, $16 value)
iPodderX podcast software (full version, $24.95 value)
iSpeak It text-to-audio software (full version, $14.95 value)
Mac OS X 10.3.9 or higher, iTunes 4.7 or higher
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- ConnectSense Smart Outlet adds power monitoring, reduces price
- Automatic releases new Automatic Lite version of car monitoring accessory
- Apple releases fourth tvOS 10.0.1 beta
- iOS dev finds unimplemented one-handed keyboard in iOS code
- Apple sends out press invites for ‘Hello Again’ Oct. 27 Mac event
- Apple releases fifth beta of iOS 10.1 to developers
- Apple partners with builders to include HomeKit-enabled devices in new homes
- Report about Apple Pay in Japan hints at Oct. 25 release for iOS 10.1
- Apple Pay adds 20+ new U.S. banks and credit unions, MBNA Canada coming ‘mid-2017’
- Misfit launches Phase smartwatch
- Incase Icon, Pop, and Textured Snap for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Philips Hue Motion Sensor
- Bowers & Wilkins P9 Signature Headphones
- Tech Armor FlexProtect and Shock Flex for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- SwitchEasy Flash and Fleur for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Blue Microphones Raspberry Mobile Microphone
- Incipio Haven for iPhone 7 and Reprieve Sport for iPhone 7 Plus
- Mophie Hold Force Magnetic Case System for iPhone 7
- Speck Presidio and Tech21 Evo Tactical for iPhone 7
- Belkin Lightning Audio + Charge Rockstar
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps