Mac OS X Software
Mac OS X
TuneTech for iPod - 1.5
TuneTech for iPod (formerly Pod Genius) is the only comprehensive software utility geared specifically toward iPod users. Recover lost or damaged music, repair corrupted data structures, backup your iPod to an exact copy, permanently delete unwanted files, or optimize the file layout of your music. You’ve invested a lot into your iPod and music, with TuneTech for iPod, you can be sure your iPod will faithfully perform and your investment is well-protected.
Eight Must-Have Utilities In One Package
Backup: Make an exact clone of your iPod for safe keeping. This is the fastest way to backup all the music, pictures and files that are stored on your iPod. Use your backup as protection against data loss.
Optimize: Increase battery life and minimize wear-and-tear. Your songs get optimized by physically putting them in order on the drive in the order that you want to hear them, minimizing hard drive access and reducing the work your iPod has to do.
Repair: . This is the solution if songs or playlists have become inaccessible due to software errors. If songs are missing or play erratically, repair immediately before running the risk of permanent data loss.
Undelete:Accidentally deleted music? Undelete quickly recovers them in perfect condition.
Shred: Permanently delete your songs and files from your iPod. Do your part to protect against music piracy… if you sell or donate your iPod, shred your music to prevent unauthorized use.
Duplicate: Make an exact copy of your iPod on another iPod—perfect when migrating all your data in one shot from your old iPod to a newer model.
Scan: Analyze your iPod’s hard drive for media defects that can endanger the data on your iPod.
Info: Display detailed information about your iPod’s hard drive to enable sophisticated troubleshooting. Think of it as health care insurance for your iPod.
Mac OS X 10.3 or later
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Video First Look: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus support 2.1A charging, ship with 1A adapters
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- iFixit posts teardowns of iPhone 6, 6 Plus
- Apps of the Week: Epic Zen Garden, OmniFocus, Evernote, Pocket + more
- Apple and U2 working on ‘secret project’ to boost music sales
- Apple launches new privacy webpage
- Apple HealthKit not ready for prime time? (Update: Yes)
- First-party Apple apps updated en masse for iOS 8
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels