Tip of the Day
Accessing Recently Closed Tabs in Safari
Sometimes it’s almost too easy to accidentally close a tab in Safari on iOS, especially when you’re using an iPhone 6 Plus or iPad in landscape view. Of course, the normal browser history is okay if it’s something you’ve opened in the past little while, but many of us tend to leave tabs open in our browsers throughout the day, and sometimes even for days at a time, meaning it can be a challenge to figure out not only what you just accidentally closed, but when you first opened it.
While fans of Chrome will know that it provides an obvious way to get at your recently closed tabs via a list right in the history screen, the good news is that Apple hasn’t forgotten to include this feature in Safari either — they’ve just hidden it well. If you tap and hold on the “+” button normally used to open a new tab, a “Recently Closed Tabs” list will pop up. Tap on anything here to open it back up again in a new tab. Keep in mind that reopening an item from the “Recently Closed Tabs” list will remove it from there, but it will also be placed at the top of your browser history as if it were newly opened.
- OpenTV sues Apple for alleged patent infringement
- Report: Apple still missing key music streaming deals in time for WWDC debut
- Apple TV adds Shomi, CraveTV channels in Canada
- Apple TV adds CBS Sports, USA Now channels
- GE’s intelligent LED lightbulbs will work with HomeKit
- Apple releases band design guidelines for Apple Watch
- New Apple TV remote to have touchpad
- Report: New 12.9” iPad will feature Force Touch, Bluetooth stylus, NFC
- Apple asking music labels to kill Spotify’s free streaming tier
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?