Tip of the Day
Dealing with a blank updates screen in App Store
From time to time, you may experience an intermittent problem with the App Store “Updates” screen on your iPad showing up blank, despite a badge counter that indicates that updates are available. Although there seems to be no consistent way to fix this problem, the good news is that if you’re looking to get a specific update quickly, or just want to clear the annoying badge count, you can work around it by going to the “Purchased” tab and updating your apps individually from there.
Apps that have updates pending will show an “Update” button beside them which you can tap on to download those individual updates. It’s not the most efficient solution, especially if you have a lot of apps, but it will work until Apple resolves the blank updates screen problem.
- Find My Friends: Consolidating friends from multiple accounts
- Showing badge count for only important messages in iOS Mail
- Navigating through songs and videos at finer intervals
- Suspending or removing Apple Pay via iCloud
- Previewing Link URLs in Safari
- Showing only downloaded books in iBooks
- Resetting your Home Screen Layout
- Setting a Sleep Timer on the iPhone
- Managing Saved Passwords and Credit Cards in Safari
- Accessing Recently Closed Tabs in Safari
- Applying and removing Filters in Camera + Photos
- Quickly reading and replying to Messages
- Adjusting Siri’s volume
- Naming your Fingerprints for Touch ID
- Quickly toggling the Predictive Text bar
- Showing full conversation threads in iOS Mail
- Filtering iMessages from unknown senders in iOS 8.3
- Going on 3D Flyover Tours in Apple Maps
- Using Thread Notifications in iOS Mail
- Quickly Bookmark and Add to Reading List in Safari
- Adding RSS Feeds to Safari in iOS 8
- Browse your mailbox while composing a message
- Seeing your Photos on a Map
- Improving password security in iOS
- Setting Different Calendar Alert Types in iOS 8
- Managing iTunes Wish Lists
- Turning off alerts for individual Calendars in iOS 8
- Quickly viewing your most recent Notifications
- Reordering Photos in iOS 8 Photo Albums
- Muting Conversations in Messages
- See all Tips. »
- Apple issues workaround for Messages text string bug
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?