Tip of the Day
Dialing an international phone number
As long-time iPhone owners, it’s easy to assume that we know everything there is to know about the Phone application’s dialer — but as we found out this past week at CES, there’s always something more to learn. While tapping on a contact with an international number is a relatively simple affair—at least, until it comes time to decipher your phone bill—manually dialing a number can present a challenge for those of us who aren’t used to it. The key to the process, as it turns out, is adding the “+” symbol to the beginning of the number, which you can do by tapping and holding the “0” key. Once that’s done, enter the country code and number as usual, and the iPhone should automatically sort through the numbers so that you’re not accidentally dialing area code 45X when you’re really trying to reach Denmark.
- Moving photos from main timeline into albums in iOS 8
- Sending locations from your desktop to your iPhone in Google Maps
- Bringing back shaped buttons in iOS 8
- Using your iPhone as a level
- Using Quick Website Search in Mobile Safari
- Updating your Apple TV Screen Saver via iCloud
- Sending to iCloud Shared Photo albums from other apps
- Find My Friends: Consolidating friends from multiple accounts
- Showing badge count for only important messages in iOS Mail
- Navigating through songs and videos at finer intervals
- Suspending or removing Apple Pay via iCloud
- Manually refreshing Passbook passes
- Previewing Link URLs in Safari
- Showing only downloaded books in iBooks
- Resetting your Home Screen Layout
- Inserting Pauses when Dialing a Phone Number
- Setting a Sleep Timer on the iPhone
- Managing Saved Passwords and Credit Cards in Safari
- Accessing Recently Closed Tabs in Safari
- Applying and removing Filters in Camera + Photos
- Quickly reading and replying to Messages
- Adjusting Siri’s volume
- Naming your Fingerprints for Touch ID
- Quickly toggling the Predictive Text bar
- Showing full conversation threads in iOS Mail
- Getting haptic feedback for walking directions in Google Maps
- Filtering iMessages from unknown senders in iOS 8.3
- Going on 3D Flyover Tours in Apple Maps
- Using Thread Notifications in iOS Mail
- Displaying Emergency Contact Info in iOS 8
- See all Tips. »
- Report: iPhone 6S may be slightly thicker than iPhone 6
- Apple Pay set to launch in UK on July 14?
- Report: New iPhone’s base storage could stay at 16GB
- Apple exploring person-to-person Apple Pay transactions?
- Report: iPhone 6S to get 12MP camera, 4K video recording?
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?