Tip of the Day
Enabling automatic Apple TV Software Updates
One of the more subtle new features in the Apple TV 6.0 Software Update is the ability to have future updates downloaded and applied automatically—a great feature if you don’t feel like waiting for an update to apply when you’re getting ready to watch your favourite show. You can find this option and switch it on or off under Settings, General, Software Updates from the Apple TV menu.
Note that this feature is enabled by default on new Apple TV units and disabled by default if you’re updating from an older version. If you leave it disabled you will still be prompted to apply updates manually whenever new Apple TV software is available, as in prior versions.
- Quickly setting up a new Apple TV using your iPhone
- Enabling Conference Room Display on the Apple TV
- Organizing Home Videos in iTunes
- Deleting Photo Stream content from your Apple TV
- Controlling who can AirPlay to your Apple TV
- Sending audio to AirPlay speakers from an Apple TV
- Using multiple iTunes accounts on an Apple TV
- Improved Netflix Video Quality
- Reorganizing or Hiding Main Menu icons on the Apple TV
- Enabling Video Playlists on Apple TV
- Using a Bluetooth Keyboard with the Apple TV
- Hiding Main Menu icons on the Apple TV
- Manually adding images to Photo Stream
- Marking media watched or unwatched from Apple TV
- Enabling Closed Captioning on iOS and iTunes
- Manually updating your Apple TV’s software
- Changing your Apple TV slideshow settings
- Using an iOS device as an Apple TV remote camera
- Top Tips of 2011
- Clearing out your iCloud Photo Stream
- Mastering the Apple TV remote
- See all Tips. »
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?