Tip of the Day
Enabling automatic Apple TV Software Updates
One of the more subtle new features in the Apple TV 6.0 Software Update is the ability to have future updates downloaded and applied automatically—a great feature if you don’t feel like waiting for an update to apply when you’re getting ready to watch your favourite show. You can find this option and switch it on or off under Settings, General, Software Updates from the Apple TV menu.
Note that this feature is enabled by default on new Apple TV units and disabled by default if you’re updating from an older version. If you leave it disabled you will still be prompted to apply updates manually whenever new Apple TV software is available, as in prior versions.
- Quickly setting up a new Apple TV using your iPhone
- Enabling Conference Room Display on the Apple TV
- Organizing Home Videos in iTunes
- Deleting Photo Stream content from your Apple TV
- Controlling who can AirPlay to your Apple TV
- Sending audio to AirPlay speakers from an Apple TV
- Using multiple iTunes accounts on an Apple TV
- Improved Netflix Video Quality
- Reorganizing or Hiding Main Menu icons on the Apple TV
- Enabling Video Playlists on Apple TV
- Using a Bluetooth Keyboard with the Apple TV
- Hiding Main Menu icons on the Apple TV
- Manually adding images to Photo Stream
- Marking media watched or unwatched from Apple TV
- Enabling Closed Captioning on iOS and iTunes
- Manually updating your Apple TV’s software
- Changing your Apple TV slideshow settings
- Using an iOS device as an Apple TV remote camera
- Top Tips of 2011
- Clearing out your iCloud Photo Stream
- Mastering the Apple TV remote
- See all Tips. »
- Parrot announces North American details for new Minidrone lineup
- AppleCare+ now covers battery replacement at 80% of original capacity
- Elton John, Pharrell, Dr. Dre, Drake, St. Vincent, others to host Beats 1 shows
- Apps containing Confederate flag pulled from App Store
- Taylor Swift’s ‘1989’ album to stream on Apple Music
- Apple publishes detailed list of Siri HomeKit commands
- Apple to pay 0.2 cents per song during Apple Music free trial
- Pharrell’s new single will be exclusive to Apple Music
- U.K. Apple Pay won’t require a PIN, but likely limits transactions to £20 or less
- Report: Apple Music cut deals with prominent indie labels, rights groups
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- Olloclip Active Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Monitors
- SwitchEasy Canvas + Rave for iPad Air 2
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?