Tip of the Day
Filtering Playlists with the Column Browser
If you’ve been using iTunes for a while, you’re probably already familiar with the Column Browser that can be displayed in the category listing views to help filter your music by Genre, Artist and Album. What you may not know, however, is that you can call up the Column Browser in any list view, including playlists. To display the Column Browser for whatever playlist you’re currently looking at, simply press CMD+B (Mac) or CTRL+B (Windows), or select View, Column Browser, Show Column Browser from the iTunes menu. Further, in addition to the default Genre, Artist, and Album columns, you can use the View, Column Browser menu to add more columns for Kind, Composer, Grouping, Category, Show, and Season, with up to six columns displayed at once; available columns are context-specific, but since playlists can contain any type of content, all nine options will be available when working in a playlist view. As an added bonus, iTunes stores the Column Browser settings individually for each specific playlist.
- Finding your iPhone’s Serial Number, IMEI, and other numbers
- Managing iTunes Wish Lists
- Quickly hiding iCloud media content in iTunes
- Organizing Home Videos in iTunes
- Upgrading your 720p iTunes purchases to 1080p
- Adding Internet Radio streams to iTunes
- Quickly update info for different tracks in iTunes
- Manually adding artwork in iTunes 11
- Quickly search in the iTunes Store
- Updating Apps in iTunes 11.0.3
- Creating or Importing your own Ringtones into iTunes
- Identifying and Removing Device Backups in iTunes
- Quickly copy selected tracks to a folder
- Purchasing Videos on iOS for later download in iTunes
- Renting movies in iTunes for more flexibility
- Disabling iTunes in the Cloud Content
- Enabling Composers View in iTunes 11.0.2
- Choosing your preferred video resolution in iTunes
- Showing Duplicate Items in iTunes 11
- Disabling Live Search in iTunes 11
- Re-enabling the Sidebar in iTunes 11
- Hiding Purchased Books in iBooks 3
- Sharing Photo Streams as a Web Site
- Downloading Genius Mixes from iTunes Match
- Removing Devices from iTunes in the Cloud
- Manually Backing up your iOS device
- Sorting and Filtering Apps in iTunes
- Hiding Categories in the iTunes Source List
- Filtering Content Listings in iTunes sync settings
- Taking control of iTunes’ visualizer from the keyboard
- See all Tips. »
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Apple creates Chief Design Officer role for Jony Ive
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?