Tip of the Day
Filtering Playlists with the Column Browser
If you’ve been using iTunes for a while, you’re probably already familiar with the Column Browser that can be displayed in the category listing views to help filter your music by Genre, Artist and Album. What you may not know, however, is that you can call up the Column Browser in any list view, including playlists. To display the Column Browser for whatever playlist you’re currently looking at, simply press CMD+B (Mac) or CTRL+B (Windows), or select View, Column Browser, Show Column Browser from the iTunes menu. Further, in addition to the default Genre, Artist, and Album columns, you can use the View, Column Browser menu to add more columns for Kind, Composer, Grouping, Category, Show, and Season, with up to six columns displayed at once; available columns are context-specific, but since playlists can contain any type of content, all nine options will be available when working in a playlist view. As an added bonus, iTunes stores the Column Browser settings individually for each specific playlist.
- Quickly hiding iCloud media content in iTunes
- Organizing Home Videos in iTunes
- Upgrading your 720p iTunes purchases to 1080p
- Adding Internet Radio streams to iTunes
- Quickly update info for different tracks in iTunes
- Manually adding artwork in iTunes 11
- Quickly search in the iTunes Store
- Updating Apps in iTunes 11.0.3
- Creating or Importing your own Ringtones into iTunes
- Identifying and Removing Device Backups in iTunes
- Quickly copy selected tracks to a folder
- Purchasing Videos on iOS for later download in iTunes
- Renting movies in iTunes for more flexibility
- Disabling iTunes in the Cloud Content
- Enabling Composers View in iTunes 11.0.2
- Choosing your preferred video resolution in iTunes
- Showing Duplicate Items in iTunes 11
- Disabling Live Search in iTunes 11
- Re-enabling the Sidebar in iTunes 11
- Hiding Purchased Books in iBooks 3
- Sharing Photo Streams as a Web Site
- Downloading Genius Mixes from iTunes Match
- Removing Devices from iTunes in the Cloud
- Manually Backing up your iOS device
- Sorting and Filtering Apps in iTunes
- Hiding Categories in the iTunes Source List
- Filtering Content Listings in iTunes sync settings
- Taking control of iTunes’ visualizer from the keyboard
- Changing your Apple ID email address
- Forcing an iOS device to Update or Restore
- See all Tips. »
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Toyota currently has ‘no plans’ to adopt CarPlay in the US
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- iWalk Rugged Power Case for iPhone 6
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?
- How do I find and remove only downloaded tracks with iTunes Match?