Managing Bluetooth Contact Sync | iLounge Tips

Tip of the Day

Managing Bluetooth Contact Sync

image

iOS supports a handy feature known as the Bluetooth Phone Book Access Profile for transferring your contacts from your iPhone to a compatible Bluetooth device such as an in-car system, allowing for direct access to your contacts from you car’s dashboard. If you don’t want to transfer your entire contact list to your car, however, you can set which contact categories and groups are available in your Bluetooth device settings. Once you’ve paired your car kit or other Bluetooth device with your iPhone, simply tap on the arrow icon to the right of the device name in the Bluetooth devices listing to bring up additional settings for that device. If the device supports the Phone Book Access Profile, you will see an option here allowing you to enable or disable contact sync entirely; when enabled, additional options appear allowing you to control what groups of contact information are available to the remote Bluetooth device, including your phone favorites and recent calls lists, all contacts, or any specific contact groups you may have created.

« Filtering Playlists with the Column Browser

Enabling Composers View in iTunes 11.0.2 »

Recent Tips

Comments

Thanks for the information. I was a little bit confused for blutooth contact sync. You solved my problem.

Posted by Smita on February 27, 2013 at 2:57 AM (CST)

I have the bluetooth watch, i have checked the iphone favourites under connected device.Now, how can i see those checked phone favourites in my watch.

Posted by harsha on April 18, 2013 at 12:43 AM (CDT)

When I am paired with my car and my Nexus 4 phone via bluetooth, the contact comes up on my screen. I do not want the contacts to come up, only the number. How can I fix this?

Posted by Steve Yocca on June 21, 2013 at 4:37 PM (CDT)

I have a Nissan X-Trail with bluetooth hands free car kit. I have no problem pairing mi iPhone 5 with the system but I cannot download any contacts. If I go in to my bluetooth settings on my phone and click on the blue ‘i’ button then it comes up with the options to sync contacts and you are able to select groups you want to sync. I am assuming this means it has the PBAP function. I have selected to sync but my cars phonebook still says it is empty even when paired with my iPhone.

Posted by Emma on October 9, 2013 at 1:25 AM (CDT)

My phone 4 is paired with my Toyyota Sienna, but will not down load the contacts.  With out this option it is very dangerous to use the hands free dialing because I have to dial with the phone first.  Looking up contacts takes my eyes off the road.  Please help.  The dealership said this is an Apple problem.  How do I sync my phones contact with the handsfree dialing in my car?

Posted by Ruth on November 7, 2013 at 8:39 AM (CST)

i lost all my contacts from iphone but it is stored in bluetooth of my car, so how do i get back all the contacts from car’s bluetooth to my iphone???

Posted by mitesh on December 4, 2013 at 4:10 AM (CST)

My display screen on my 2013 Highlander sorts my contact list sync into it from my cell phone by the first letter of the FIRST name of the contact, where the same list on my phone is sorted by the first letter of the LAST name of the contact. Is there a way to change the “sort by” on the Highlander display to reflect sorted by the first letter of the last name?

Posted by George on January 4, 2014 at 4:56 PM (CST)

i have a problem. please help

Posted by Tania on April 20, 2014 at 5:33 AM (CDT)