Tip of the Day
Quickly copy selected tracks to a folder
Sometimes you may find yourself needing to copy a set of music tracks or other media files out of iTunes into a folder on your computer, such as if you’re using a non-Apple media player or simply want to transfer some content to another computer. While the traditional way of doing this is to dig down into the file system and locate each of the files through Finder or Windows Explorer, this can be a somewhat involved process if you’re dealing with something like a playlist, where items may be spread out across several different locations in your iTunes Media folder. Fortunately, there’s actually a much easier way to do this: Simply highlight the tracks in your iTunes application and drag and drop them to an open Windows Explorer or Finder window in the same way as you would move or copy files between two folders. iTunes will copy the selected tracks directly to the selected location, saving you the trouble of having to go into the file system and track them down individually. This can be particularly useful if you have a USB flash drive media player as you can drag and drop an entire playlist right onto the removable drive icon in Finder or Explorer to load up the files onto your media player.
- Finding your iPhone’s Serial Number, IMEI, and other numbers
- Managing iTunes Wish Lists
- Quickly hiding iCloud media content in iTunes
- Organizing Home Videos in iTunes
- Upgrading your 720p iTunes purchases to 1080p
- Adding Internet Radio streams to iTunes
- Quickly update info for different tracks in iTunes
- Manually adding artwork in iTunes 11
- Quickly search in the iTunes Store
- Updating Apps in iTunes 11.0.3
- Creating or Importing your own Ringtones into iTunes
- Identifying and Removing Device Backups in iTunes
- Purchasing Videos on iOS for later download in iTunes
- Renting movies in iTunes for more flexibility
- Disabling iTunes in the Cloud Content
- Filtering Playlists with the Column Browser
- Enabling Composers View in iTunes 11.0.2
- Choosing your preferred video resolution in iTunes
- Showing Duplicate Items in iTunes 11
- Disabling Live Search in iTunes 11
- Re-enabling the Sidebar in iTunes 11
- Hiding Purchased Books in iBooks 3
- Sharing Photo Streams as a Web Site
- Downloading Genius Mixes from iTunes Match
- Removing Devices from iTunes in the Cloud
- Manually Backing up your iOS device
- Sorting and Filtering Apps in iTunes
- Hiding Categories in the iTunes Source List
- Filtering Content Listings in iTunes sync settings
- Taking control of iTunes’ visualizer from the keyboard
- See all Tips. »
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?