Tip of the Day
Showing only on-device iTunes Match tracks
While iTunes Match is a great way to have access to your entire music library from anywhere with an Internet connection, some users with large libraries may be overwhelmed by the sheer quantity of content displayed in the iOS Music app. If you find that even with iTunes Match you still confine your listening to a specific set of playlists, you can easily download that content onto your device for offline listening and then go into your iOS Settings app and switch OFF the option to “Show All Music” found under iTunes & App Stores or Music. This will limit the content displayed in the Music app to only those tracks that have actually been downloaded onto your device, providing you with a much more manageable library to navigate through. Should you want to download additional tracks or browse your entire cloud-based library in the future, you can bring your full iTunes Match library back simply by going back into the Settings to toggle this option ON again.
- Accessing Recently Closed Tabs in Safari
- Applying and removing Filters in Camera + Photos
- Quickly reading and replying to Messages
- Adjusting Siri’s volume
- Naming your Fingerprints for Touch ID
- Quickly toggling the Predictive Text bar
- Showing full conversation threads in iOS Mail
- Getting haptic feedback for walking directions in Google Maps
- Filtering iMessages from unknown senders in iOS 8.3
- Going on 3D Flyover Tours in Apple Maps
- Using Thread Notifications in iOS Mail
- Displaying Emergency Contact Info in iOS 8
- Manually adjusting camera exposure in iOS 8
- Quickly Bookmark and Add to Reading List in Safari
- Adding RSS Feeds to Safari in iOS 8
- Finding your iPhone’s Serial Number, IMEI, and other numbers
- Sharing Passbook Passes
- Browse your mailbox while composing a message
- Sending quick Audio iMessages
- Seeing your Photos on a Map
- Improving password security in iOS
- Setting Different Calendar Alert Types in iOS 8
- Managing iTunes Wish Lists
- Turning off alerts for individual Calendars in iOS 8
- Quickly viewing your most recent Notifications
- Enabling 60 fps Video Recording on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Reordering Photos in iOS 8 Photo Albums
- Improving In-Car Voice Navigation Prompts in iOS Maps
- Requesting the desktop version of a site in Safari on iOS
- Muting Conversations in Messages
- See all Tips. »
- Report: Apple still missing key music streaming deals in time for WWDC debut
- Apple TV adds Shomi, CraveTV channels in Canada
- Apple TV adds CBS Sports, USA Now channels
- GE’s intelligent LED lightbulbs will work with HomeKit
- Apple releases band design guidelines for Apple Watch
- New Apple TV remote to have touchpad
- Report: New 12.9” iPad will feature Force Touch, Bluetooth stylus, NFC
- Apple asking music labels to kill Spotify’s free streaming tier
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- Apple reportedly hires four more producers from BBC Radio 1
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?