Tip of the Day
Using multiple iPods, iPhones, or iPads with iTunes
Just purchase your second Apple media device? Not to worry—iTunes can easily handle as many devices as your computer has ports, and then some. If you’ve got multiple iOS devices, just check “Set up as a new device” when you first connect to iTunes, and to help keep track of them, make sure you give each one a unique name. Once this is done, you’ll be able to pick and choose what music, videos, apps, and other media you want to put on each device individually, meaning each member of the family can have their own favorites on their iPods, iPhones, or iPads, with the added benefit of having separate backups for all your iOS devices.
Please visit our Tip of the Day sponsor PowerSupportUSA.com for more information on their iPod/iPhone/iPad cases and films.
- Finding your iPhone’s Serial Number, IMEI, and other numbers
- Managing iTunes Wish Lists
- Quickly hiding iCloud media content in iTunes
- Organizing Home Videos in iTunes
- Upgrading your 720p iTunes purchases to 1080p
- Adding Internet Radio streams to iTunes
- Quickly update info for different tracks in iTunes
- Manually adding artwork in iTunes 11
- Quickly search in the iTunes Store
- Updating Apps in iTunes 11.0.3
- Creating or Importing your own Ringtones into iTunes
- Identifying and Removing Device Backups in iTunes
- Quickly copy selected tracks to a folder
- Purchasing Videos on iOS for later download in iTunes
- Renting movies in iTunes for more flexibility
- Disabling iTunes in the Cloud Content
- Filtering Playlists with the Column Browser
- Enabling Composers View in iTunes 11.0.2
- Choosing your preferred video resolution in iTunes
- Showing Duplicate Items in iTunes 11
- Disabling Live Search in iTunes 11
- Re-enabling the Sidebar in iTunes 11
- Hiding Purchased Books in iBooks 3
- Sharing Photo Streams as a Web Site
- Downloading Genius Mixes from iTunes Match
- Removing Devices from iTunes in the Cloud
- Manually Backing up your iOS device
- Sorting and Filtering Apps in iTunes
- Hiding Categories in the iTunes Source List
- Filtering Content Listings in iTunes sync settings
- See all Tips. »
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?