Fiber is without a doubt one of the best choices of internet that you can get, but the setup will only get you so far. You still need a router to get you the rest of the way. But what is the best router for Verizon FiOS? There are several factors to consider.
To begin with, you need to consider how you use the internet, how many people and devices are on at a time, and how big your network is. Here are the best wireless routers for each situation.
- Netgear Nighthawk R7000: Top router for Verizon FiOS that you can get is the Netgear Nighthawk R7000. This is a great all-around router.
The range on this router reaches up to 1800 square feet, which should cover the average network. It can actually accommodate up to 30 devices at a time as well, which is becoming needed more and more as more houses are becoming smart homes.
This router also has Beamforming+ to help increase the range of your wireless while also directing it exactly where you want it to go. It also has protection against cyber threats and parental controls.
- Netgear Nighthawk RAX200: If are looking for a router that offers a little more power, you can’t go wrong with the Netgear Nighthawk RAX200. While this is another Nighthawk router, it has its own features that are not the same as the R7000.
To begin with, this router has 12 simultaneous streams, giving you more capacity so that many more devices can stream at the same time. This is ideal for networks that game regularly. To better help this, it also has MU-MIMO technology as well as dynamic QoS, ensuring you can’t be kicked out of a game you are in the middle of, just because someone else logs on.
- TP-Link Deco: Sometimes you need a router that is capable of reaching far distances. If this is you, then you should get the TP-Link Deco for your Verizon FiOS internet.
The Deco is a mesh system, which means that there are several points that you can put throughout your network, extending your network as big as you need it to be. With the 3 points that come with the setup, you can get distances up to 5,000 square feet, but you can also add in extra points if you want it to go even further.
- Linksys Dual-Band AC1900 Router: Another great router to consider is the Linksys Dual-Band router. This is a great router that should meet all of the needs of the average network.
This router will give you coverage up to 1500 square feet and is made to accommodate about 15 wireless devices at a time. You still will get quality 4K HD streaming as well as MU-MIMO, so you should still be able to game online if you like to. The speeds on this router can reach up to 1.9 Gbps, which is fast enough to keep your running without interruption.
- TP-Link Archer A7: A router that is a little easier on the wallet is the TP-Link Archer A7. Even though this is a budget-friendly router, it still has plenty of great features to offer.
This is a dual-band router that can reach speeds up to 1750 Mbps, making it capable for fast Wi-Fi speeds. It also accommodates 4K streaming. What you miss out on with this router is all of the bells and whistles you can get with a more expensive router, so this does not have Beamforming, MU-MIMO capability, or QoS, but unless you are a heavy online gamer, you will not even miss them.