Even if you are not an online gamer, you should question whether anyone using your network might be. Gaming aside, nearly all networks will be streaming content at one time or another. This is why you need a router that allows 4K streaming.
In order to get the level of streaming that you deserve, you need the best router for 4K streaming on the market. While there is not one router that will work for everyone, there are some really great choices in the market right now.
- Netgear Nighthawk RAX80: The best router for 4K streaming that you can get is without a doubt the Netgear Nighthawk RAX80. This is a MU-MIMO router that comes with Beamforming+, giving you reliability and reach.
The RAX80 has 8 simultaneous streams going at once. That means that many people on different devices can stream at the same time without losing any speed. This router also has 5 1-Gigabit Ethernet ports for wired devices, giving you a lot of chances to wire in the devices that really can’t lose signal.
This is without a doubt one of the most modern routers that you can get in both design and performance.
- TP-Link Archer C5400: Another great choice for streaming 4K movies is the TP-Link Archer C5400. This unique router is built to handle all of the needs of the modern network. It comes with lightning-fast WIFI using 4-stream technology, giving up speeds up to 5400Mbps.
If you or anyone within your network is a gamer, you should know that the Archer C5400 is battle-tested. It was confirmed that it will stream videos and online games simultaneously using the incredibly fast 802.11AC and the Wave 2 MU-MIMO technology.
The Archer C5400 is also a smart router and easily works with home support such as Alexa and Google Home.
- Netgear Nighthawk R9000: The Netgear Nighthawk R9000 is another extreme router that works with 4K streaming. It can cover up to 2500 square feet and offers tri-band capabilities. The tri-band includes a 2.4GHz band, a 5 GHz band, and a 60Ghz band, which is a rare and incredible find.
The R9000 comes full of the latest technology, including a 1.7GHz quad-core processor, 4 amplified antennas to give your signal an extra boost, and Beamforming+, which also further extends the reach of your network.
More importantly, the R9000 is equipped with MU-MIMO technology as well as a dynamic QoS, ensuring that your online gaming will not be interrupted.
- ASUS RT-AC86U: For a router that is a little bit different than the others, take a look at the ASUS RT-AC86U. This is a dual-band router that has the latest MU-MIMO technology on board.
The RT-AC86U is made specifically to give you completely uninterrupted streaming, ensuring that your games or videos will not be interrupted at the last minute. The 4K UHD streaming works with WTFast game accelerator, keeping you right in the middle of the action at all times. It also has an adaptive QoS, so you can let the router know which devices should receive streaming priority.
The dual-core processor inside of the router optimizes the network traffic as wells the connectivity speeds, giving you some of the most efficient 4K streaming that you will find on the market today.
- Linksys AC5400 Max-Stream: The Linksys AX5400 Max-Stream router is a beast. It can give you coverage up to 3000 square feet and will give you coverage for over 25 devices without any trouble.
It does provide 4K streaming like the other routers, and it also is a tri-band router, giving you the fastest speeds possible across three channels. There are two GHz bands and one 2.4GHz band, giving you ample opportunity to use the band that is the fastest for your devices.
This router also has the MU-MIMO technology, so no one streaming videos at the same time as gaming should suffer from any interference.