VIN, or vehicle, is the internationally accepted method of vehicle identification. VIN is a 17-character combination of alphabets and digits that gives all the necessary information about a vehicle.
Typically, the VIN contains information about
- Vehicle manufacturer
- Year of manufacture
- Model of the vehicle
- Company plant where it was manufactured.
However, these details have to be decoded using a VIN decoder. There are several VIN decoders available on the Internet. They are either generic or brand-specific VIN decoders. A good example of a brand-specific VIN decoder is the BMW VIN Decoder.
What is BMW VIN Decoder
The BMW VIN decoder is designed to decode the 17 digits of a BMW. It provides an easy-to-engage platform to verify the details of every BMW vehicle. It is designed to make it very handy and easy for every novice to get information about their BMW purchase.
The BMW VIN decoder provides important details about the history of the vehicle. Some vital information can influence the decision to purchase, some of which are
- Previous factory recalls.
- Theft record.
- The previous country of use.
- Accurate mileage report.
- Maintenance record.
The theft history is significant, especially in a country where there is a lot of illegal smuggling of vehicles. With the BMW VIN decoder, it is easy to look up a BMW VIN.
Besides, with a brand-based VIN decoder like the BMW VIN decoder, it is impossible to disguise a fake VIN and get a result. BMW VIN stands out among many VIN lookup sites for many reasons, but let’s take a quick look at a few.
Why BMW VIN decoder?
There are many factors to consider before choosing a VIN lookup site. These major factors determine how the user’s experience will be. One of these factors is the excellent user interface.
The BMW VIN decoder is ranked among the best VIN decoders based on user experience. This ensures that a first-timer has a hitch-free service.
Other reasons why VIN is right for use are:
- Detailed and well-researched information: BMW VIN decoder provides quality information on every BMW model available in the market. It provides needed details on the BMW model series. These details are not limited to basic information available to everyone on the Internet but rather verifiable information such as theft history, factory recalls, and maintenance history. These details also clear the doubts about the mileage of the vehicle.
- Straightforward to use: BMW VIN decoder doesn’t just spare one the stress of going through the manual for some information but also makes the process easy. Most users find their needed search in less than 5 minutes.
All that is needed is to write out the VIN of the BMW to be searched out. These 17 digits are usually found around the transmission housing or frame of the left post. After inputting it into the search bar of the site, a few seconds after clicking on the search icon, the results are ready.
- Cost-free: With the BMW VIN decoder, all information is free! There are no hidden charges for any additional information. This makes it accessible to all. There is no need for special account creation. Also, the searched vehicles are not provided with another 3rd party or IP address exposed to threats.
- Best for detecting fake VIN: It is not uncommon for a car agent to create a false BWW VIN to manipulate the buyer into buying. The BMW VIN decoder search protocol would uncover the discrepancy. It is a guard against car sales agents who falsify details.
Thus, the BMW VIN decoder is a must-have for everyone considering getting a BMW automobile. It also provides quality details that prevent buying a damaged or stolen BMW automobile.
Step-by-step guide for doing a VIN Lookup with BMW VIN Decoder
The BMW VIN Decoder is easy to use, and this step-by-step guide provides needed information about how to use the decoder effectively.
Step 1: Locate the VIN
The first and most important step is locating the VIN.
As stated earlier, the VIN is a 17-character alphanumeric identification placed in various locations in a vehicle. Many automobile brands inscribe their VIN in various locations, but BMW’s VIN is in the following places:
- The frame of the front seats;
- The vehicle’s chassis;
- The rack post of the right front suspension;
- The transmission housing;
- Left front suspension;
- The surface of the left front door;
The most accessible surface is usually the left front door of the vehicle. The number usually looks like this: 5J8TB4H38FL002264. Check multiple places to confirm the digits are correctly written. Having found the VIN, the next step is to search.
Step 2: Conduct a Search
The BMW VIN decoder website has a clearly displayed search bar where the VIN is to be typed. “Enter your VIN number” in the search bar at the top of the website.
Just below the search bar is the clickable search icon. The search starts immediately; the 17 digits are inputted, and the search button is clicked. The search takes a few minutes to decode the VIN.
Step 3: Get the Report
A few minutes after the click, the site produces a printable web page that provides detailed information about the vehicle searched, if it is a BMW. In the case of an error in the VIN or when it isn’t a BMW, the site sends an alert to confirm if the VIN is for a BMW. Also, BMW VIN allows its users to give feedback on its report via the review box.
What Information Can you get from a VIN Lookup?
The BMW VIN decoder decodes and analyzes the information embedded. Here are vital pieces of information that a VIN lookup would provide
- Manufacturer Details: The VIN report would provide a detailed report on the manufacturer and year of manufacture alongside the same manufacturing plant. This information about the usability of the vehicle in certain locations. This usability may be due to the temperature and humidity specifications of the vehicle.
- Recall History: Manufacturers have had to recall vehicles back to the factory. This recall can be due to recurrent feedback of failures of certain systems of the vehicle from users. This recall is carried out to ensure that the vehicle is safe for the final user.
- Previous Country of Use: This provides information about the previous countries where the vehicle has been registered and used. It also specifies what kind of use: personal or business. It estimates the wear and tears the vehicle has suggested while in use.
- Accurate Odometer reading: The VIN report provides the most recent odometer reading of the vehicle. These readings are the most accurate estimate of the mileage of the vehicle. If this does not correlate with what the odometer reading provides, the meter has been tampered with. This is a red flag, especially during a car purchase.
- Equipment and Part Details: This section of a VIN report provides information about the associated equipment and parts of the vehicle. This allows the vehicle buyer to notice any change in the part number of the vehicle parts which could have been changed.
A VIN report is typically a 10-page comprehensive report about a vehicle. A VIN report would contain other details such as fuel efficiency, safety rating, market value, and auto insurance information.
Alternatives to the BMW VIN decoder
BMW VIN decoder ranks high among the credible VIN lookup sites available online.
Here are a few alternatives to the BMW VIN decoder:
VinPit is a free VIN decoder that provides information on various vehicles. It provides a well-detailed, easy-to-understand report on various BMW models. It provides good details on the history of the car and previous ownership. VinPit provides good information on the best locations to get the spare part of searched vehicles.
- The platform is also well-tailored to help a novice access its service. It has a great UI.
- It is regarded as one of the fastest VIN decoders to access. It can provide vehicle details within a few seconds after inputting the code.
- Some information requires payment.
Vincheckfree is a free VIN lookup site. It provides a vehicle history service. Also, Vincheckfree provides information about license plates. A license plate search provides valuable information about the vehicle.
This search result contains confidential information such as accident records and maintenance history.
- Fast search platform
- Helpful affiliated services such as license plates search
- Search results need to be more detailed.
VINnumberlookup gives an honest report of the states of vehicles searched. It provides a very good report about the health of the report. This report provides quality information to help make decisions about second-hand sales.
It also provides add-on services that provide information on the vehicles using the VIN by state search. VINnumberlookup provides reports on a wide range of brands.
- Useful for Car purchase deals.
- Fast and Concise search
- Wide range of supported brands.
- Free of charge
- Some Details might be obsolete
- The report might contain some unnecessary information
The unique fingerprint of every vehicle is its Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). These 17-digit numbers and alphabetic combinations provide more information about a vehicle than can be physically seen. The best way to extract this information is through a variable VIN decoder.
A VIN decoder is a useful tool for verifying information about a vehicle, including the vehicle’s manufacturer, place of manufacture, insurance, previous place of use, and an accurate odometer reading. These information pieces are key to deciding about a vehicle purchase. VIN decoders could be generic or brand-specific.
Brand-specific VIN decoders, like BMW VIN decoders, also provide more comprehensive information about the BMW brand. It provides information on the various models of BMW automobiles. It is one of the most sought-after VIN decoders not just because BMW is the largest automobile producer based on production but also because it is straightforward to use, provides detailed information, and is cost-free.