Blogging has become the modern version of journaling, but with one key difference. A blog is open to the public and allows you to reach billions of people online. Sharing your expertise and creating a global network is a great way to grow your business, promote your brand, and offer free resources to your clients. With the right blog builder and built-in tools, you can create a blog people will find and love. Below you can find some great tips to get started on your blogging journey.
Tip #1: Choose the Right Blogging Platform
With such a wide variety of websites and blog builders out there, it may be tricky to choose the right one. The last thing you want is to use one that doesn’t offer the tools you need to establish the authority and get the readers you need. Your blog is your platform to share your expertise and insights with the world, so choosing the right platform matters. Here are a few things to look for:
- Keep it simple – Choose a blog builder that offers an easy-to-use dashboard so you can add and manage your posts
- Coding – Unless you have coding background, choose a website builder that doesn’t require code
- Cost – There are so many FREE options out there, so compare prices for upgrades and additional features you need. Ucraft offers amazing pricing options, with its most “expensive” package costing only $39 a month!
- Responsive – Like any good website, make sure your site is 100% mobile/smart device friendly
Tip #2: Choosing a Great Design
Your design says so much about your brand and message. Make sure your design reflects and represents who you are and what your content is about. Whether you are writing a blog about food, fashion, or finance, choose a platform that really emphasizes photos and other visual design elements to highlight your products.
With thousands of templates available online, choosing one can be hard. Pick a platform that easily categorizes them so you can find a template that is perfect for your niche. You can also choose to start from scratch with a blank canvas, and use drag and drop to easily build an eye-catching blog.
Make it Extra :
- Contact forms will get your readers’ email address to send them updates and other news
- Categories & tags will help you manage and organize your content
- Comment sections create discussion and engagement on your blogs
Tip #3: SEO Tools and Analytics
SEO is such a critical element when it comes to building a blog. Without optimization, your audience will consist of close friends and the occasional random viewer. Don’t worry; you do NOT have to be an SEO expert to get your blog ranked well and generate a good rate of targeted traffic.
Make sure to check out your platforms’ SEO capabilities, as many can be lacking in this department. Here are some tools you can use to optimize your blog:
- Built-in SEO Apps – Make sure your blog builder offers a built-in app that will get your site traffic right away
- Google Search Console – Check for crawling errors, what keywords people are searching, and backlinks (FREE)
- SEMRush – An amazing keyword research tool that lets you research the value of specific inquiries and check out what keywords your competition are using and their results
You are only as good as your engagement and conversion rates. Closely tracking your analytics will give you the feedback you need to adapt and grow to meet your audience’s needs. As a blogger, your content is the most important aspect so knowing how your content is received and what your reader wants to read more about will set you up for new traffic and brand loyalty.
Tip #4: How to Write Your Content
As mentioned above, your content is the most central piece of your whole site. Knowing how to deliver your content and what to write about is integral. We have already discussed doing your analysis to make sure what you write about is on-trend and relevant for the target audience. Now let’s delve into style. When reading a blog, no one wants to stare at pages of block-like paragraphs with lines of words. They want unique design aspects that break it up, impactful images, and the occasional embedded video.
Also, consider why you are writing the piece. Are you sharing your personal journey to inspire others and provide resources? Make that clear by mentioning this early on. If your blog focuses on the latest fashion trends, choose design elements that mimic that such as POPS of color, easy bullet points, and a great customized layout. Using a site like Ucraft allows you to drag and drop different elements, so you can make sure your site represents your brand the right way.
Tip #5: Keep it Safe
The digital age provides a lot of benefits, but it also has its downsides. Hackers using malware and other cybercrimes can – and will – target unsuspecting sites to get customer information and use ads to infect visitors. Protect yourself and your customers by making sure your site builder has an SSL certificate.
A blog is an excellent way to increase brand awareness and establish authority. Share your thoughts and expertise with the world with a great blog platform that offers SEO and security. We are sure you will love blogging and join the millions of people online making great income and growing important communities globally.