If you like to download torrent files onto your iPhone or iPad but are struggling to find a safe way to do it, take a look at an app called iTransmission. The mobile version of the desktop Transmission app, iTransmission, makes it dead simple to download any torrent file to your mobile device.
And the best bit is, it is completely free to use. So, what makes it such a good option?
Quite apart from being dead easy to use, and free, iTransmission comes with plenty of other cool features:
- You don’t need to jailbreak
- It works on all models of iPhone and iPad
- Adding new torrents is simple – just tap the + icon
- One tap lets you stop and start your downloads
- Use Wi-Fi or data for downloading
- See information about all your torrents – size, number of peers, upload speed, and more
- User-friendly interface
- Loads of other cool features
How to Download iTransmission:
You won’t find iTransmission in the iOS app store because it offers functionality that Apple doesn’t support. There are two ways to do it, though – the first is to use a third-party app store called AppValley, and the second is to sideload the IPA file.
Method 1: Using AppValley
AppValley offers tons of free apps and games, including iTransmission:
- Download AppValley onto your iPhone or iPad from the following URL – appvalleyapp.com
- Tap the app icon to open it and search for iTransmission
- Download it to your device and enjoy easy downloads of all your favorite torrent files.
How to Fix Untrusted Developer Error
You may get this error when you try to use iTransmission, but it is easy enough to fix:
- Open your iOS Settings app and tap General
- Tap Profiles, find the iTransmission profile and tap it
- Tap Trust, close settings, and now you can use it.
Method 2: Using Cydia Impactor
Sideloading IPA files onto your iPhone or iPad are best done with Cydia Impactor, one of the easiest apps to use. You can install up to three apps onto your device using this tool, and it works by sideloading unofficial files and signing them so you can use them. However, it does come with a downside – because the files are unofficial, you will need to reconnect your iPhone or iPad to your computer every seven days and reinstall the app – there won’t be any need to delete iTransmission, all you are doing is reactivating it.
Here’s how to use Cydia Impactor to install iTransmission:
- Download the Cydia Impactor app onto your computer, and extract the files
- Download the iTransmission IPA file and save it to your desktop
- Plugin your device into your PC or Mac and open Cydia Impactor
- When your device is detected, click Device and then Install Package
- Find and click the iTransmission file (alternatively, drag the file from your desktop and drop it in)
- Input your Apple ID and an app-specific password
- Wait; when Cydia Impactor has finished, follow the steps above to trust the iTransmission profile on your iPhone or iPad
There isn’t any need for you to jailbreak your device to use Cydia Impactor, but if you are already using a jailbreak, there is a neat app called ReProvision you can download from Cydia; this will also help you to sign your IPA files.
Frequently Asked Questions
These are the answers to some of the top questions asked about iTransmission:
What is iTransmission Used for?
iTransmission is a BitTorrent client designed specifically for mobile devices. It makes it easy to download torrent files directly to your iPhone or iPad running iOS 10 or higher.
Is iTransmission Safe?
Yes, but you should only download it from the trusted source. Otherwise, you run the risk of downloading a dodgy file. And, because you don’t need to jailbreak, your device is not open to security issues.
Why Has iTransmission Stopped Working?
Probably because the app certificate got revoked, remember, you need to reactivate the app every 7 days. If your app icon has greyed out, follow the Cydia Impactor installation steps again. If it still doesn’t work, delete iTransmission and start again.
Where Are The Files I Download Stored?
All files downloaded using iTransmission are stored in a folder called var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/iTransmission(bundle)/Documents/Download.
Should I Jailbreak to Use it?
No. iTransmission doesn’t need a jailbreak. All you do is choose whether to use Cydia Impactor or AppValley to download your file, using the trusted links provided.
iTransmission is proving to be an incredibly popular app, downloaded by millions of users the world over. It is one of the easiest ways to get torrent files directly onto your device, eliminating the need to download them to your computer first and then transfer them.
Give it a go; it is completely free to try, and you can easily delete it if you don’t like it.