A long wait for the Apple users who are a fan of Netflix shows is now over. Netflix is now very much available on Apple TV. In fact, Netflix is a built-in app on the Apple TV app store. However, to use Netflix on Apple TV, you need to have Apple TV 2 or newer generations. Apple TV 1 does not support Netflix.
Here in this article, we will tell you all you need to know to watch your favorite Netflix shows on Apple TV and to make it easy for you to set up your Netflix account on Apple TV.
Setting Up Apple TV
The very first thing you need to do to use Netflix on Apple TV is to set up your TV.
For setting up an Apple TV, follow these guidelines:
- Connect your television to Apple TV and power. After some time, you will be able to see the setup screen on it.
- For connecting your Apple TV remote to your new Apple TV, click on the touch surface of the remote.
- Set up the settings of the Apple TV following the on-screen prompts.
- Once you are done configuring the settings, you can use your Apple TV on your television.
Installing The Netflix App
To use Netflix on Apple TV, you need to first install the Netflix App and launch. For installing the App, make sure you are on the home screen of Apple TV. Now follow the given guidelines.
- Go to the Apple App store from the home screen.
- The App store shows a search bar to search for the required apps. Search for Netflix using it.
- Once you get the desired App, click on the ‘Get’ button to start the installation.
Once the app gets installed, it appears on the Home screen.
Setting Up Netflix
Once you are done installing the Netflix App, you need to set up Netflix to continue using it. For setting up Netflix on Apple TV, you need to follow the following steps:
- Go to the Apple TV menu on the home screen of your Apple TV.
- Click on the Sign-in tab.
- Once you opt for signing in, you will be taken to a page where you will have to enter your Netflix password and username. Enter the required details and click on done.
However, the second step works only if you are already a member of Netflix. If you don’t have a membership, you can go to Netflix.com and create a Netflix account and get a membership that suits you. You can check the Netflix prices to see which plan would fit you best.
After taking the membership, come back to Netflix on Apple TV and follow the procedure.
Your Apple TV is now connected to your Netflix account and you can very well use to watch your favorite shows and movies.
Changing The Netflix language on Apple TV
If your Netflix content is playing in an altogether different language than what you want, you can change the language through the settings. For changing the language on Apple TV, follow the given steps:
- Go to the home screen of Apple TV.
- On the Home screen, select the ‘Settings’ option.
- Select ‘Audio and language’ from the settings list and a drop-down list will appear.
- From the drop-down list, select the language of your choice.
- Get back to Netflix on your Apple TV and play the show or movie of your choice. The content will now stream in the language that you selected.
If the language does not change, it means that the audio may not be available in the language that you chose. You can try any other language in this case.
Netflix Subtitles and Alternate Audio on Apple TV
Netflix allows you access to subtitles to all the shows in numerous languages. You can also get alternate audios for the shows in different languages instead of watching the dubbed versions of the shows. You can very well use these services of Netflix on your Apple TV as well.
To enable or disable Netflix subtitles or alternate audios on your Apple TV, follow the given guidelines:
- First of all, install the Netflix App, launch it and sign in to your Netflix account.
- Select any TV show or movie of your choice.
- While the selected TV series or the movie is playing, press the center button on the remote of your Apple TV.
- You will get a list of audios and subtitles. Select the subtitle and the alternate audio that you want.
You can now enjoy your favorite show in the language that you want.
Netflix on Apple TV 1
Netflix is very easily available on Apple TV 2 and later generations. However, if you have Apple TV 1, you can still watch Netflix content on your TV but you will have to download the content and convert it into a format compatible with it.
You can use the “Windowshare Video converter” for this purpose. This converter helps you to download and convert content in the Apple TV supported format. Or, you can also use it to simply convert the downloaded content on your Mac or iOS into a format that is compatible with Apple TV.
To convert the downloaded Netflix videos into the desired format, follow these guidelines.
- Open the converter on your device and click on the ‘Add Files’ button to import the downloaded videos on this App.
- After having the import done, open the output format of the converter app and go the ‘Device’ option.
- Select ‘Apple’ from the device list and then click on ‘Apple TV’.
- Click on the ‘Convert’ tab to complete the conversion.
- After the conversion is done, import the converted files to iTunes and then sync to Apple TV for playback.
Your videos are now ready to be watched on Apple TV.