The promises made on the altar no longer bind people to death. Things change, feelings change, and spouses break each other’s hearts. Do you doubt your spouse cheating on you? Well, the sixth sense is there for a reason and it might be telling you the truth.
Today, there are many spy apps for tracking her phone or his, but is it nice to track your significant other’s phone? While many think of spying as an invasion of privacy, others consider it as keeping tabs on each other.
Either way, there’s no simple way to answer this question, but we can look into its pros and cons to decide better. Let’s dive into it.
Pros and Cons of Using Spy Apps for Cheating Spouses
Tracking your spouse’s phone is a double-edged sword, with potential benefits and drawbacks. Before you get yourself into this situation, it’s best to weigh the pros and cons first to save yourself from ruining your relationship.
Pros of Tracking Your Spouse’s Phone
Here are the pros of tracking a cheating spouse’s phone:
- Uncovering the Truth: Someone who is unfaithful to you can go to lengths to lie to you as well. By using spy apps you can gather evidence and confront them with it to save you from their trap.
- Informed Decision Making: Instead of relying on your suspicions, spy apps can help you get concrete evidence to make informed decisions about the future of your relationship.
- Protection against STDs: If a spouse is engaging in risky behavior, knowing about it can allow the other spouse to take steps to protect their own health. STDs are very common, which is why you must use spy apps to confirm your suspicions about your spouse.
- Legal Leverage: You can use the evidence gathered from spy apps to get leverage in your divorce proceedings. It will help you clear your stance and protect yourself from your spouse’s lies.
- No Blame Game: It’s normal for spouses to blame themselves for others’ cheating behavior, which is why the evidence will help you open your eyes every time. It will be a constant reminder that you did nothing wrong and are worth more than a lying and unfaithful person.
Cons of Tracking Your Spouse’s Phone
Here are the cons of phone tracking that you should know:
- Invasion of Privacy: It can be morally wrong to use spy apps on your spouse’s phone. Not to mention that it’s a gross invasion of privacy as well.
- Legal Implications: It’s illegal to use spy apps to keep track of someone’s activities and may result in serious legal issues for you. It’s best to check the rules and regulations first before taking this step.
- Damage to Relationship: Even if your suspicions are unfounded, the use of spy apps can irreparably damage trust and goodwill in a relationship.
- Emotional Toll: Spying on a spouse comes with the baggage of emotional distress leading to anxiety, depression, sleeplessness, and stress.
- False Positives: The spy app may not give you out-of-context information, thus causing irreparable harm to the relationship.
Wrapping It Up
Now that you know the pros and cons of using spy apps, it’s best to weigh them both before deciding anything. Even though an app can confirm or reject your suspicion, think of the emotional, legal, and moral damage it will bring to your relationship.
If nothing works, communicating with your spouse about your feelings is the best way to discover the truth. You can also try marriage counseling to mend your relationship with the spouse for the better.