In this article, we at iLounge will guide you on how to connect your AirPods to a MacBook. This method should work on any Mac, including the MacBook Pro and MacBook Air.
Your AirPods might already be connected to your MacBook automatically
Before we get down to the steps, your AirPods could automatically be connected to your MacBook. If you are using the same iCloud/Apple ID on your MacBook and the iPhone device that the AirPods are paired to, you may not need to pair your AirPods again to your MacBook.
Here’s how to check whether your AirPods are connected to your MacBook or not
- Put your AirPods in your ears.
- Click on the sound icon on the top menu bar at the right corner on your MacBook.
- Select your AirPods name on the list displayed and the AirPods should be ready to use.
If the sound icon is not showing or the AirPods name are not being displayed, follow the steps listed below.
Here’s How To Connect Your AirPods to a MacBook
- On your MacBook, click on the Apple icon on the top left corner.
- Click System Preferences.
- Click Bluetooth.
- If Bluetooth is off, click “Turn Bluetooth On”.
- Put the AirPods inside its case and open the case lid
- Press and hold the round button at the back of the AirPods case until you see the white status light flash.
- On your MacBook, the AirPods name should now be listed under devices.
- Click the “Connect” button next to your AirPods name on the list and it should be ready to use.
In case the sound doesn’t play on your AirPods, make sure to click on the volume/sound icon on the menu bar and select your AirPods name on the list. If it’s connected but still can’t hear anything, make sure the volume is up.