I bought a US iPod to use in the UK/Europe – do I need to buy the World Travel Adaptor kit to use it?

No. If you slide the US two prong plug off the charger you will see a female figure 8 socket – all you need is to source a lead with a male figure 8 plug on it (sometimes called a telefunken plug). These are commonly used for radios, Playstations, shavers etc. So there is every chance you have one lying around your house. Please see the World Electric Guide for more info on a specific country’s power system standards.


Also see this question about the charger operating voltage range.

Latest News