Your iPod shuffle has two LED lights on its front side – one orange and one green – that indicate what it is doing. On the rear of the shuffle, there is another set of colored indicators for battery life. Here’s a quick guide to interpreting them both (a reference card is also provided in your box):
- Flashing Orange: Connected and mounted. Do not Disconnect.
- Solid Orange: Charging / Not mounted. Ok to Disconnect.
- Flashing Green: Paused.
- Solid Green: Fully Charged.
- Flashing Green/Orange: No music or some other problem: Load music, cycle the iPod on and off, or restore your iPod.
- Solid Green on button press: Normal operation… a simple indicator.
- Solid Orange on button press: Hold is active. Deactivate it by holding Play/Pause.
Rear Light (Active only when button has been pressed)
- Green: Good Charge
- Yellow: Low Charge
- Red: Very Low Charge
- No light: No Charge