2K Games has brought its Sid Meier’s Pirates! for iPad (iLounge Rating: A-) over to the iPhone and iPod touch with a new version of the classic game for the smaller screen. Originally released last summer, Sid Meier’s Pirates was an iPad adaptation of the classic high-seas adventure game made famous on the console and PC gaming platforms in the late eighties and early nineties. The iPhone and iPod touch version appears to be a direct port of last year’s iPad version, putting the player at the helm of one of 27 fully customizable ships as they travel to various ports of call, build a crew and journey out on quests for treasure and adventure. Players engage in activities ranging from sea battles to sword fights with intuitive touch controls to parry, counter and duel as they challenge and pursue some of the most famous pirates from history. Sid Meier’s Pirates! for the iPhone and iPod touch requires iOS 4.2 or later and is available from the App Store for $3.
- Apple MacArthur Center closing amid mall safety issues
- Apple increasing sign language interpreters in stores
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?