Acrobits has updated its Softphone application for the iPhone and iPod touch adding support for secure calls and improvements to Google Voice integration and call interruption. Acrobits Softphone 4.6 now supports encrypted secure calls using SRTP/SDES and ZRTP; users can receive incoming ZRTP calls at no additional charge but must purchase an add-on feature via in-app purchase to initiate outgoing ZRTP calls. The update also improves the Google Voice integration within the app providing an easier and more intuitive setup procedure and adds a call quality indicator to allow users to view network connection quality in realtime. Users can also now record a message to be played to a SIP/VoIP caller when the call is interrupted by a standard incoming cellular call on the iPhone. Acrobits Softphone is available from the App Store for $7; additional features are available via in-app purchase including G.729 Annex A audio codec support ($10) and encrypted ZRTP outgoing call support ($25).
- iPad Air vs iPad Pro: Which offers the best value for money?
- New iOS 14.6 beta introduces new features in Podcasts app
- iPad Pro orders are now preparing to ship (early orders)
- Apple’s AirTag used to track a mailed package by an UK resident
- Counterfeit Apple chargers seller fined $147,000 in the UK
- iPhone 11 is the best value for money iPhone
- Apple could release a portless iPhone this year
- MagSafe to return as a new feature on Apple Silicon MacBook Pro models
- Upcoming MacBook Pro models to be powered by M-series chips
- Leading Apple enterprise management company Jamf to acquire zero trust cloud security company Wandera