Acrobits has updated its Softphone application for the iPhone and iPod touch adding support for secure calls and improvements to Google Voice integration and call interruption. Acrobits Softphone 4.6 now supports encrypted secure calls using SRTP/SDES and ZRTP; users can receive incoming ZRTP calls at no additional charge but must purchase an add-on feature via in-app purchase to initiate outgoing ZRTP calls. The update also improves the Google Voice integration within the app providing an easier and more intuitive setup procedure and adds a call quality indicator to allow users to view network connection quality in realtime. Users can also now record a message to be played to a SIP/VoIP caller when the call is interrupted by a standard incoming cellular call on the iPhone. Acrobits Softphone is available from the App Store for $7; additional features are available via in-app purchase including G.729 Annex A audio codec support ($10) and encrypted ZRTP outgoing call support ($25).
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?
- Apple overtakes Samsung in 2020 Q4 top Smartphone maker
- Netflix to add ‘Downloads for You’ soon on iOS