InMethod has released an update to its popular Air Video streaming app for iOS devices adding Retina Display support for the third-generation iPad and the ability to passthrough H.264 video streams in original, unconverted form. In combination with the free Air Video server application running on a Mac or PC, the Air Video iOS app allows users to stream videos remotely to their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch; almost all source video formats are supported with on-the-fly conversion in real-time. Videos can be streamed directly from the host computer over a local Wi-Fi network or remotely over a cellular data connection with routers that support the appropriate port forwarding protocols. Used in conjunction with the latest Air Video Server beta version for Mac or Windows, Air Video 2.4.11 now allows users to pass through videos that are already in an iOS compatible H.264 format natively without the requirement for re-conversion. This provides for better performance on the host computer as well as improved video quality, with support for H.264 source videos in full 1080p resolution. The H.264 Passthrough feature requires an iPad, iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S and currently does not support the display of soft subtitles. Air Video requires iOS 4.3 or later and is available from the App Store for $3.
- Apple granted patent for Lightning port replacement
- iPhone 13 Pro: 120Hz LTPO Display and smaller notch
- Apple may launch foldable iPhone in 2023: Kuo
- Apple TV+ drama series “The Mosquito Coast” to release on April 30
- Apple to release OLED iPad Pro & OLED 16″ MacBook Pro next year
- iPhone 11 free display replacement program
- iPhone XR vs iPhone 11: Budget shopping guide!
- Apple March Event: AirPods, Apple TV, iPad Pro
- MacX DVD Ripper Pro: Lifetime License is 63% Off
- The Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2 Earbuds is $50 Off Today