Hours ahead of the official announcement of the second-generation iPad, Chinese site DGtle has posted a series of photos purporting to represent the new device. Though the images appear to be a very close approximation of the iPad rear casing first spotted by iLounge in January, notably including a different speaker grille design and a 3G antenna panel, the images also show seams, edges and a model number on the back that call into question their legitimacy as photos of a production iPad model as opposed to a mockup. Until the actual iPad design is unveiled later today, images of this sort should be taken for what they are: approximations that can be used to understand general changes likely to appear in an upcoming iPad model.
- 128 million iPhone users were affected by a botnet, reveal internal emails
- WWDC 2021: Interesting updates to iOS & iPadOS
- Apple Card Family detailed in new support page
- Zoom gains special access to iPad’s Camera API for multitasking features
- Unlock your iPhone using Apple Watch: Mask times!
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Wrap your Apple TV remote in a Elago R4 remote case retro skin and take 7% off
- YouTuber modified his AirTag to fit in a wallet
- Apple explains Apple Card family in length via support document
- Foxconn iPhone 12 recruits to get a bonus as demand surges