Apple has acquired rights to use the Lightning trademark in Europe in a recent partial transfer from Harley-Davidson, according to recent documents from The Trade Marks and Designs Registration Office of the European Union. The documents can be seen in a report from Patently Apple; the transfer occurred on Nov. 24. While specifics of the partial transfer are not provided, it likely allows both Apple and Harley-Davidson to use certain aspects of the Lightning trademark for their own non-conflicting products.
- Apple awards $410 million to II-IV, an AR tech company
- 128 million iPhone users were affected by a botnet, reveal internal emails
- WWDC 2021: Interesting updates to iOS & iPadOS
- Apple Card Family detailed in new support page
- Zoom gains special access to iPad’s Camera API for multitasking features
- Unlock your iPhone using Apple Watch: Mask times!
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Wrap your Apple TV remote in a Elago R4 remote case retro skin and take 7% off
- YouTuber modified his AirTag to fit in a wallet
- Apple explains Apple Card family in length via support document