Apple has activated the Genius sidebar functionality for movies and TV shows in iTunes, a feature that was originally mentioned on Apple’s preview page for iTunes 8.1, then removed shortly after the release of the software. In initial testing, it appears that the feature only works with iTunes-purchased or iTunes Digital Copy files, failing to recognize movies and shows that were obtained or imported through other stores or software. In addition, iFun.de points out (Translated Link) that while the feature is activated in Germany, it is dependent on the iTunes Store country currently selected — for example, since movies aren’t available from the iTunes Store in Germany, the sidebar feature only shows TV shows. iTunes 8.1 is available through Apple’s Software Update utility or as a direct download from apple.com/itunes.
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?
- Apple overtakes Samsung in 2020 Q4 top Smartphone maker
- Netflix to add ‘Downloads for You’ soon on iOS
- Enjoy WiFi 6 Technology with the TP-Link AX1800 WiFi Router, Now 30% Off
- New rapid antigen test kit from gauss to have iPhone support
- Get a beautiful Elago MagSafe charging stand for just $22