Apple became the world’s number one smartphone vendor in the second quarter of 2011, according to the latest data from Strategy Analytics. Apple’s 20.3 million units were good for the top spot and 18.5 percent of the market, besting rival Samsung, which shipped an estimated 19.2 million units, good for 17.5 percent of the market. Both companies blew past former market leader Nokia, which shipped 16.7 million units during the period, good for 15.2 percent of the market, but down susbstantially from 23.8 million units shipped and a 38.1 percent of the market in the year-ago quarter.
- iPhone 11 free display replacement program
- iPhone XR vs iPhone 11: Budget shopping guide!
- Apple March Event: AirPods, Apple TV, iPad Pro
- MacX DVD Ripper Pro: Lifetime License is 63% Off
- The Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2 Earbuds is $50 Off Today
- Amazon launches ‘GameOn’ on iOS
- Apple TV+ acquires ‘Dr. Brain’ Korean webtoon series
- Best Buy Lively Health & Safety Services now on Apple Watch
- Apple TV+ releases first look at Physical
- New Apple Card customers can enjoy up to 6 percent daily cash in new promo