Apple is now promoting the first-anniversary of the App Store with a dedicated page on the iTunes Store. The message on the promo page reads, “Light a candle and cue the music. Okay, forgive us for sounding like doting parents, but we’re just so proud—having watched the App Store go from promising newcomer to full-fledged revolutionary. To celebrate its first birthday, we’ve gathered some of our favorite games and apps.” Apps featured on the page include MLB.com At Bat 2009, Pandora Radio, Brushes, Rolando, The Sims 3, Peggle, Real Racing, and Let’s Golf. The App Store officially opened on July 10, 2008 with more than 500 applications; it now offers over 50,000.
- Apple MacArthur Center closing amid mall safety issues
- Apple increasing sign language interpreters in stores
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?