Apple has updated its iPhone 4S specs page to indicate that the new handset offers support for GLONASS, a Russian acronym for Global Navigation Satellite System that serves as the Russian version of GPS. According to Wikipedia, the system fell into disrepair during the 1990s as the Russian economy collapsed, and was only recently restored to offer full global coverage. As noted by Mac Rumors, no mention is made on the page if the 4S will be able to take advantage of satellites from both systems on a worldwide basis, and only the device’s U.S. tech specs page has thus far been updated to mention GLONASS support.
- Apple MacArthur Center closing amid mall safety issues
- Apple increasing sign language interpreters in stores
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?