Apple COO Tim Cook was reportedly spotted in the lobby of China Mobile’s corporate headquarters this morning. Citing the Chinese-language Sina microblog of a First Financial Daily reporter, M.I.C. Gadget reports that Cook was walking through the lobby with 7-8 people at roughly 10:00 a.m. local time, and seemed to be “happy.” The report also includes a picture that purportedly shows Cook in the lobby, but as the subject’s face is turned away from the camera, it is not conclusive; it is speculated that Cook was there to meet with China Mobile executives to discuss the iPhone. China Mobile Chairman Wang Jianzhou said last month that the company had “reached consensus” with Apple on using TD-LTE, the carrier’s fourth-generation cellular data standard, in an iPhone to be offered by China Mobile. China Mobile is the world’s largest cellular provider with over 600 million subscribers.
- 128 million iPhone users were affected by a botnet, reveal internal emails
- WWDC 2021: Interesting updates to iOS & iPadOS
- Apple Card Family detailed in new support page
- Zoom gains special access to iPad’s Camera API for multitasking features
- Unlock your iPhone using Apple Watch: Mask times!
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Wrap your Apple TV remote in a Elago R4 remote case retro skin and take 7% off
- YouTuber modified his AirTag to fit in a wallet
- Apple explains Apple Card family in length via support document
- Foxconn iPhone 12 recruits to get a bonus as demand surges