Apple COO Tim Cook was reportedly spotted in the lobby of China Mobile’s corporate headquarters this morning. Citing the Chinese-language Sina microblog of a First Financial Daily reporter, M.I.C. Gadget reports that Cook was walking through the lobby with 7-8 people at roughly 10:00 a.m. local time, and seemed to be “happy.” The report also includes a picture that purportedly shows Cook in the lobby, but as the subject’s face is turned away from the camera, it is not conclusive; it is speculated that Cook was there to meet with China Mobile executives to discuss the iPhone. China Mobile Chairman Wang Jianzhou said last month that the company had “reached consensus” with Apple on using TD-LTE, the carrier’s fourth-generation cellular data standard, in an iPhone to be offered by China Mobile. China Mobile is the world’s largest cellular provider with over 600 million subscribers.
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?
- Apple overtakes Samsung in 2020 Q4 top Smartphone maker
- Netflix to add ‘Downloads for You’ soon on iOS