Apple has announced some last-minute details of the iPad 2 launch. According to the release, Apple will begin online sales at 1 a.m. PT tomorrow, with retail sales starting at 5 p.m. local time. Apart from Apple’s own retail stores, the device will also be available at AT&T, Best Buy, Target, Verizon Wireless, and Walmart, as well as select Apple Authorized Resellers. Interestingly, the release also states that iMovie and GarageBand for iPad “are available today,” although GarageBand has yet to appear in the App Store, and iMovie does not appear to have received an update since September 2010. Finally, it notes that the iPad 2 will launch in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK on March 25, with “many more” countries to receive the device in the coming months.
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?
- Apple overtakes Samsung in 2020 Q4 top Smartphone maker
- Netflix to add ‘Downloads for You’ soon on iOS