According to a recent job posting, Apple appears to be continuing development of its iPod Hi-Fi, possibly planning new models of the speaker system. “iPod Engineering is looking for an Acoustic Engineer who will be responsible for the design and development of many aspects of consumer loudspeaker systems such as Apple’s Hi Fi – including enclosure design, passive and active filter design, transducer design, and design validation,” the job posting reads. The NPD Group reported in September that the iPod Hi-Fi ranks fourth in iPod speaker system market share, behind products from Bose, Logitech and i-Fusion. The Hi-Fi is second only to Bose in revenue share, however.
- M1 MacBook Air: Long-term review!
- iOS 14.5 beta features improved subscription sheet
- Bring your files everywhere with the SanDisk 1TB portable SSD, now only $150
- Google Calendar and Docs now have App Store privacy labels
- New Zealand students create prototype Samoan language learning app
- Get professional sound quality with the Mackie CR-X for $124
- Minnesota bigwigs lobby for App Store and Play Store reform
- Black ‘Hometown’ photographers featured on latest shot on iPhone video
- Camera operator on ‘Cherry’ reveals complex drone shots
- Repairability scores appear on official Apple France website