In a rare outage, Apple Maps’ search and routing/navigation features are down this morning, affecting users’ ability to search for new locations and get directions in Apple Maps. The issue also affects entering locations in Apple’s iOS and macOS Calendar and Reminders apps, since they use the same Apple database to look up their information. The issue does not appear to affect the simple display of Apple Maps, and traffic information also remains available despite the outage. Further, it appears that users are still able to search for and find locations from their search history, although directions are not available even in these cases. This issue is clearly with Apple’s back-end databases and is therefore affecting Apple Maps on all platforms, along with any other apps that use Apple’s Maps APIs to look up address information. It’s not clear how long the outage will last, although user’s can check the current status on Apple’s System Status page.
- Apple TV+ releases first look at Physical
- New Apple Card customers can enjoy up to 6 percent daily cash in new promo
- Ucam Private Home Security Camera is 21% off
- Grab the New 10.2 inch 32GB Apple iPad for Just $299
- MLB App removed On 3rd Gen Apple TV
- Apple TV+ ‘Roar’ to star Alison Brie and Nicole Kidman
- M1 MacBook Air: Long-term review!
- iOS 14.5 beta features improved subscription sheet
- Super Boost WiFi Repeater is 61% off
- Avanca T1 Bluetooth wireless earbuds are 50% off