Apple is planning to open both a new data center and a business and purchasing center in the Reno, NV area. The Reno Memo reports that the data center, which will house cloud computing operations, will be located in the Reno Technology Park, which sits to the east of Sparks, NV. The business park and purchasing center will be located in Reno’s Tessera District; overall, the development plans will represent a $1 billion investment by Apple over the next 10 years, and will account for 41 full-time jobs at the data center, as well as 200 contract employees. The news follows word from earlier this year that Apple plans to build a similar data center in the tax-friendly Prineville, OR area.
- Apple MacArthur Center closing amid mall safety issues
- Apple increasing sign language interpreters in stores
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?