Apple has released its first beta version of iPhone OS 3.1 to registered iPhone developers, along with an updated SDK. Listed as build 7C97d, the new beta OS appears to include non-destructive video editing, support for Voice Control over Bluetooth, and new modem firmware and AT&T profiles. The updated SDK includes updated OpenGL and Quartz APIs, as well as third-party developer access to video recording and editing controls. iPhone OS 3.1 beta and iPhone SDK 3.1 beta are both available for download now from the iPhone Dev Center.
- Apple releases support document for confused Apple One subscribers with two Apple IDs
- Anti-tracking policies from Apple and Google help ad firms recover
- Apple lobbying for chip production subsidies in the US
- Russian antitrust authority fines Apple $12 million
- The official MagSafe Charger crops to an all-time low, now only $30
- Apple TV+ ‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ first look image revealed online
- Apple TV Siri support arrives in New Zealand, Ireland and Austria
- Apple TV+ documentary ‘The Me You Can’t See’ to debut May 21
- Should you buy the iPhone SE in 2021?
- Should you buy the iPhone XR in 2021?