In responding to a developer bug report, Apple has reaffirmed that its Siri virtual assistant will remain exclusive to the iPhone 4S for now. Citing a person who submitted a bug report suggesting that Apple release a paid version of iOS for iPhone 4 and fourth-generation iPod touch users that would include Siri, Michael Steeber reports that Apple responded with a simple statement: “Siri only works on iPhone 4S and we currently have no plans to support older devices.” While Apple has given no indication of plans to add Siri to any of its other products, several members of the jailbreak community have been able to get the feature running on various older Apple products.
- Apple MacArthur Center closing amid mall safety issues
- Apple increasing sign language interpreters in stores
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?