Apple has released an iBeacon specification through its MFi program, as noted by Beekn. If manufacturers meet certain established criteria, they will be able to brand their devices with the iBeacon name. In addition to bearing the name, official iBeacons will broadcast Bluetooth LE to Apple’s standards. Applying to the program is free. Though the specification will give Apple more control over the iBeacon name, it’s notable that there are no restrictions which would make an iBeacon incompatible with other phones, such as Android phones.
- Apple TV+ drama series “The Mosquito Coast” to release on April 30
- Apple to release OLED iPad Pro & OLED 16″ MacBook Pro next year
- iPhone 11 free display replacement program
- iPhone XR vs iPhone 11: Budget shopping guide!
- Apple March Event: AirPods, Apple TV, iPad Pro
- MacX DVD Ripper Pro: Lifetime License is 63% Off
- The Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2 Earbuds is $50 Off Today
- Amazon launches ‘GameOn’ on iOS
- Apple TV+ acquires ‘Dr. Brain’ Korean webtoon series
- Best Buy Lively Health & Safety Services now on Apple Watch